What's new

Obi Lives!!! (1 Viewer)

Robert George

Screenwriter
Finally. New reviews.
We have some tweaking to do, but we now have something to look at in the "under construction" Obi's Reviews.
Obi's Reviews
I'd like to thank Mark and Dimitri at Digital Eyes for their efforts in getting this revamped site going. It feels good to be posting reviews again.
I hope you enjoy reading.
Obi

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Welcome back Obi - truly missed your reviews!

Just can't keep a good Jedi down!

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Good to see the reviews back.
I just checked out the Ocean's 11 review. Looks good. However, I think it's rated PG-13, not R as shown in the review sidebar. (Or did they modify the DVD from the theatrical release?)

Robert George

Screenwriter
Glenn:

Ocean's 11 is PG-13. The specs on the left side of the new review pages are inserted automatically from Digital Eyes' database, which they in turn get from a supplier. I should have edit capability on the database entries by tomorrow so that I can catch and correct this sort of thing myself.

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
Obi;

I'm glad to see that you're posting reviews here again. The Forum wasn't the same without your insightful, well-written reviews. Keep up the good work.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
Welcome back, Obi!

Quick question - many moons ago, you posted an article about breaking in your new RPTV - I think it was a Pioneer Elite.

As I'm beginning to research RPTVs as I plan to get one this year, I tried using the search function to see if the article had been archived here. I had no luck. Am I missing it, or it no longer available?

Thanks

Bleddyn

Peter Rohlfs

Second Unit
Real Name
Peter Rohlfs
Love the Indiana Jones tribute.

Thank you for the Highlander review, now I know the commentary track is the same one, no reason to listen again.

Peter

Robert George

Screenwriter
Bleddyn:

I don't recall the specific article, but whatever questions you have I'd be happy to try to answer.

Thanks for the good wishes, everyone. It's nice to be writing again. I do want to mention that the site is still being worked on. We are working on a somewhat different design on the main reviews page to make it a little easier to see what the most current reviews are with a simple link to click on. Hopefully, we will have some of this fine tuning taken care of in the next couple of days. Check in on us from time to time.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
Thanks for the reply, Obi.

As I'm trying to gather my thoughts on the jump from Direct-View to Projection set, I will try and come up with a useful post that could address common fears, and post it in the Display Devices forum when I'm done.

Bleddyn

Pat

Agent
Obi, JFO said it more eloquently than I ever could.
So, ditto what he said :)
I'm glad to see that you're posting reviews here again. The Forum wasn't the same without your insightful, well-written reviews. Keep up the good work.

Denton

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Denton
Obi! You're always welcome here!

I'd like to stay and talk, but I've got a long stint in the gym planned...

claud whitener111

Auditioning
I'm so glad you are back and running. Will you be doing any equipment reviews ? I think the Obi/Indie is real cute as opposed to "scary" . "Scary" got poor old Jim Long suspended from this forum. That seems a shame , as he was a moderator at one time. Please don't do anything to get suspended like Jim. We old timers have missed you.

Robert George

Screenwriter
Thanks, Claud.
The Obi images were done by Dimitri LaBarge of Digital Eyes. He thought he was being cute :).
I don't have any immediate plans for hardware reviews as I'm just getting back into the habit of writing DVD reviews. Probably later.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks