Obi et al: Any news on the vertical shift and the 91?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott O'Keeffe, Aug 28, 2001.

1. Scott O'Keeffe

Scott O'Keeffe Stunt Coordinator

Just wondering if you've heard anything about correcting the vertical shift of the Panny RP91 for Pioneer RPTVs. I know its a monitor issue, but figured I'd post here as well.
    I love the 91, but the shift is getting to me. Especially with 1.85:1 material.
    Any news would be great!

2. GlennH

GlennH Cinematographer

Glenn
    I haven't noticed a pronounced vertical shift on my RP91/Elite 610 combo. I put in Avia to check it last night and found that (RP91 in progressive mode, TV locked in FULL) my overscan on a 4:3 image was about 4% top and 2% bottom. Not really a large shift. The sides were about 2-3% I think.
    Turning off the progressive mode, the RP91 in interlaced and TV in NORMAL gave much more overscan, closer to 5%, except on the right side where it was less than 1%. [​IMG] I don't really use that much anymore though.
    [Edited last by Glenn Heberle on August 29, 2001 at 12:16 PM]

3. Drea Bruss

Drea Bruss Extra

I have this exact problem with my Pioneer SD-532-HD5. I've noticed it only happens with progressive scan. If I press the prog-scan button on the player and use the interlaced output the shift corrects itself. I don't believe it is an overscan problem, but an issue with the way the set handles the 31K scanning fequency. Who knows I'm still looking for a fix.
    Drea

4. Scott O'Keeffe

Scott O'Keeffe Stunt Coordinator

Yup, I definitely think its a 31k scanning frequency problem, as well. It seems though that there should be a vertical position option in the service mode, that's what's pissing me off. It would be such an easy fix.
    It doesn't seem like its cutting much of 1:85 material, but it must be, considering how obvious it is on 2:35 material. I'll have to switch off the progressive and check the interlaced for 1:85 material; I haven't tried that yet.
    Frustrating though. [​IMG]