1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Obi: Any word on vertical shift on the RP91?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott O'Keeffe, Sep 4, 2001.

1. Scott O'Keeffe

Scott O'Keeffe Stunt Coordinator

I know this came up before and I'm wondering if you have gotten any information on being able to shift down the image of the 91 a la the way you can shift it left or right to correct?
    I have a Pioneer widescreen which obviously has a problem with the 31khz progressive frequency, and the image is shifted up. I tried going into the service mode for the T.V., but it doesn't seem to have a vertical position option.
    You know of any way to use the 91 to perform this adjustment?
    I can live with 2.35:1 material as I still get all the picture, its just shifted up, but for 1.85:1 material, I'm getting way too much cropping off the top.
    I love the 91, but I don't know how much longer I can live with this. [​IMG]
    Thanks in advance...
    Scott

2. Robert George

Robert George Screenwriter

Scott:
    The vertical shifting of the image is a compatibility issue between the player and the monitor. It isn't exactly a player issue. It is the way your monitor reacts to the progressive signal. I have the same thing (Pioneer Elite RPTV) with the RP91 and the Toshiba 6200 before it.
    My solution is not the best, but it was the only thing I could come up with. I adjusted the vertical centering on the monitor. The problem with this is this adjustment affects all inputs. The best I could do was to shift it down a little which makes other sources shifted toward the bottom. I sort of "split the difference" between other sources and the DVD player.

3. Andrew Beacom

Andrew Beacom Supporting Actor

I have noticed this also between my RP91 and my Toshiba 50H81. I used the sideways trick (thanks Obi) to get my side overscan's equal at 6% but I have 7% at the top and 5% at the bottom.
    Since my difference is so small a slight monitor adjustment might work for me.

4. Scott O'Keeffe

Scott O'Keeffe Stunt Coordinator

Obi:
    I have a sd532hd by the way. How does one adjust the vertical centering? Is it a service mode adj? I could live with it for all inputs (I think).
    Thanks for the trick!