What's new

Obese man sues fast-food chains. (1 Viewer)

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
If these people see *one thin dime* for this outrageously stupid and frivolous lawsuit, then the end is truly near. They are fools, pure and simple. It's called PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY, you imbeciles!

And don't think they might not get any, juries *love* giving away other people's money, "It ain't comin' from my pocket, honey. Give 'em a million dollars!"

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
I think I may sue the automobile manufacturers if I get a ticket or I'm in an accident. After all, my car is wayyyyy to fast. That makes it very difficult to go the speed limit.

I'm also going to sue Coca Cola. They put caffeine in their beverages which everyone knows is addictive!

And then I'm going to sue the HTF. The HTF has done nothing but feed my addiction to home theater. Damn Ron and Parker, those evil HT pushers!!! Haven't they any shame?!?!

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

I might remember wrong, but I seem to recall a lawsuit that stated just that.

/Mike

Mike__D

Supporting Actor
This can't compare to those who sue tobacco companies. While I think the tobacco companies and MYSELF are responsible for my smoking addiction, the same can't be said for fast food chains. Don't get me wrong, I won't sue a tobacco company, they just PISS ME OFF that they put all these chemicals in there that my body now "needs". Come September, it's the patch for me... but I'm getting on another subject....
People like the one's in the story really piss me off. I just want to walk up to them and beat them sensless, is that wrong of me? :D Seriously though, I'd LOVE to be the Judge or on the jury of that case. I'd let them know what complete and total idiots they are, then ban the lawyers from ever practicing law again.
Mike D.

KyleS

Screenwriter
Yep, a "Loser pays lawyer fees/court costs" system would discourage a lot of these silly lawsuits
In a few states this is happening. I know in Las Vegas when I brought a small claims court case against someone if I had lost they can hit me with all the fees they had to pay so adding lawyers fees on top wouldnt be too far of a stretch. I guess the problem with this would be is the government also responsible when they sue people and lose? (DA bringing a suite against someone).

Hey guys dont get me wrong I dont believe in these lawsuits at all and think that the lawyers that take these cases should be able to be sued for everything, just stating the case they are talking about using.

KyleS

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
This is going to be discussed on MSNBC in a few minutes ("Curtis & Kuby", Curtis Sliwa and Joe Madison, good show actually).

/Mike

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
They probably did/do but it is settled out of court to shut people up and we don't hear about it.
Oh yeah, that's right. And if I remember correctly, the plaintiffs are told to shut up as a condition of the settlement.
Well, it's a good thing "Fast Food Nation" is still selling briskly...the more people know the real story behind fast food, the better!

DennisHP

Second Unit
If the guy wins I can see signs going up in all fast food restaraunts saying "Warning! Consumption of this food can cause Obesity. Eat at your own risk"

I wonder how many cheeseburgers the guy will eat as a celebration if he wins.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Mike - What is the difference between FF and smoking? Who here doesn't know that smoking is bad for you? Anyone that started smoking knew what they would be getting into - oh, and after you've had your first burger, could you say that you'd never eat one again?

Glenn

Brian Mansure

Second Unit
I have a question...

Do you think that these plaintiffs and their lawyers would go through with this law suit if they knew at the most they would only be awarded a small amount of money but in-turn the Fast Food Chains would pay 100% for the plaintiffs to attend a Nutrition and Weight loss camp to improve their health?

I say, no way.

Sure I don't have all the details but I think the true reason for this type of law suit is pretty obvious.
IMO, these people are not looking to improve their health and lives but instead hoping to pad their wallets/purses while passing the blame to anybody but themselves for their current medical condition.
What a shame.

Brian

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I don't know if I was the Mike that Glenn replied to above, but if I was then I can say this: I think the lawsuits against "Big Tobacco" were ridiculous too.

/Mike

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
I think that if this guy wins, he should receive a big 'ol pile of fast-food gift certificates :)
I think I'll sue some alcoholic beverage makers. Their advertising led me to believe that after consumption I'd be on a beautiful beach, frolicking with many scantily-clad females. Instead I'm usually hunched over the toilet...

Mike__D

Supporting Actor
Glenn,

As a smoker and a fast food patron, I DO know there is a difference. After my first few cigarettes I was hooked. After my first McDonalds run, I didn't want to go back again in an hour, nor do I CRAVE fast food. I don't eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I go to fast food when I need exactly that, fast food... Is their medication or patches or gum to stop people from eating fast food? Nope. Has it proven to be addicting like smoking? Nope. Can I make a healthier burger on my own? Sure can. Can I make a healthier cigarette? Don't think so.

And for the record, I have in the past, and am starting again, is giving up fast food for a LONG time. Also, fast food restraunts have acknowledged the need for healthier menu items, what have the tobacco companies done? And light cigarettes are no more healthy than regular. Studies shown people inhale more of a light cigarette than a regular one and can be worse for you.

It's comparing Apples & Oranges. Oh, and as I stated in my post, I put the blame on myself for smoking, as well as the company for making them more addicting.

Mike D.

Jeff Pryor

Supporting Actor
I'll admit that I've been addicted to alcohol since I was 18. So I'm going out to sue all the beer breweries I can. I think I've got a good case: Every time I try to stop drinking, I can't. :D

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i only have one word for this:

ASANINE!!!

it's beyond ridiculous that our society has come to this. gawd...sometimes i wish i lived on my own island.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Our general society is just plain fucked-up and it's only getting worse.
I'd like to walk up a slap this guy, but the ripple effect it might have on his huge-ass might cause a minor earthquake and innocent people could get hurt.
People like this that cannot and will not take responsibility for their own actions are nothing more than a lame horse and should be taken out to pasture:angry:
Peace Out~:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks