What's new

Obasslisk (1 Viewer)

Will Pomeroy

Stunt Coordinator
Hmmm.... should I build it?
Obasslisk.jpg

VinhT

Second Unit
Have you actually built any of your renders? I'd love to see how the real speakers look compared to their 3D concepts, and if changes had to be made during the construction process.

Vinh

Cam S

Screenwriter
It looks similiar to the one Chris Tsutsui is building.

I say try it, I'd love to see the finished product!

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
Nice rendering, wish I had the program and know how to do that. :)
Mines going to be a tempest adire alignment, I'm posting a thread with a link to it right after this.
The calculations weren't easy if you have a lot of cross bracing for a pyramid shape. Also keep in mind clearance.. My enclosure (with the 5" legs on) will be fairly easily carried in my room.
Mine will be maple laminate, with a lock mitered edge.
link to my obelisk
Good luck, if you need help with calculations, frustum pyramids and cross bracing are right up my ally.

Will Pomeroy

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks guys,

I used a program called "solid egde"

After designing it, I was looking at it, and I was thinking that I might scrap the port and make it a TL instead... Of couse thats a whole new ball game. The only problem I can see is at the top of it, its a little small and might get a little restrictive...

Chris Carswell

Supporting Actor
I like it. Go with it!!!
Try a down firing sub with a rear port or even sealed.
If you want to get real creative, make 2 and put a cool finish on them. Then get an Egyptian hieroglyphics book and engrave sayings in it like, "If you can read this you are way too smart" or "My Home Theater Rules". Put them in the corners of your HT room and let the bass begin :) .

Will Pomeroy

Stunt Coordinator
He he... That seems like a pretty good idea... I wonder what the ancient egyptian hieroglyphic would be for "home theater" ?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks