Oasis: Familiar to Millions reviews?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick_L, Aug 23, 2001.

1. Patrick_L

Patrick_L Second Unit

i did a search on this forum and didn't come up with anything. can anybody point me out to a review of this disc or have a quick review of their own they would like to submit? thanks ahead for any replies.
    ------------------
    Patrick

2. David Werner

David Werner Stunt Coordinator

I bought this in the mall awhile back and it is one of my more played concert titles. To me they sound better as a band on this DVD than on their recorded studio tracks. The DD5.0 has a lot of low end. I like it [​IMG]

3. Patrick_L

Patrick_L Second Unit

Thanks for the link Dave.
    David, do you have Oasis' There and Then dvd? if you do, how would you compare the video/audio qualities? i've got this one and it is still my most played concert dvd.
    ------------------
    Patrick

4. Michael Allred

Michael Allred Screenwriter

Michael
    The video quality of "FTM" is excellent but I found the audio VERY disappointing as your can barely hear the vocals.
    I found "There and Then" to be a far superior disc in both respects.
    ------------------
    My DVD collection--> http://members.tripod.com/~evilbaby/DVD_Collection.html

5. Donovan

Donovan Agent

I agree with Michael 100%. The FTM DVD's 5.0 mix is rather disappointing, while the stereo mix is incredible.
    The extras on the disc are nice, especially the audio clips of all of their singles releases, very cool. Awesome concert.
    ------------------

6. David Werner

David Werner Stunt Coordinator

Patrick & Michael Well I went and ordered the OASIS Then & There. I will have to agree with you on the sonics of the concert. The vocals are much clearer. However the thing that disappoints me is that the music does not sound as "seasoned" as the Familiar to Millions concert. Also I dig the F***in' in the bushes intro ala' "Snatch." I just wish the concert would have sounded as good as it sounded on the Snatch DVD.
    [Edited last by David Werner on October 13, 2001 at 09:37 PM]