OASIS - "Definitely Maybe" DVD coming soon!

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Michael Allred, Aug 8, 2004.

1. Michael Allred

Michael Allred Screenwriter

Michael
  2. Michael Allred

Michael
  3. John Mansor

John Mansor Stunt Coordinator

This looks cool, but I wish they were releasing something that's more recent.

4. andrew markworthy

I used to shop at Sifter's Records (name checked on the Definitely Maybe) and oftentimes the teenaged Noel Gallagher and I would be first in the shop when it opened on Saturday morning. I should have had the foresight to get his autograph, but at the time I thought he was a brat (come to think of it, my opinion hasn't changed much).

Not sure that I've got this right. Does the DVD offer the whole of the original studio album, or is it a compilation of live performances of the songs on the album? Or is it the album, plus a documentary including snippets of live performances?

Well, they got the lead spot on the first night and sounded pretty mundane. The general consensus is that in terms of energy, Muse (headliners on the final night) blew them away,

5. Michael Allred

Michael

It looks like a compilation of live versions of each song off the album plus docs, videos, interviews, etc etc etc. I've ordered my copy and I'm hoping they do this with each album (doesn't seem like they'll be releasing a music video compilation any more.)

6. Michael Allred

Michael
    I ordered my copy from www.dvdempire.com but received an e-mail from them today and was informed that the DVD has been delayed until September 21.

7. andrew markworthy

Michael, thanks for the info.

8. dave wright

dave wright Agent

Picked up mine last night at a b&m.2 disc set very nicely put together,would have liked to seen something in 5.1 sound but no complaints about the sound or picture.Great package for oasis fans.............dave from jersey

9. Michael Allred

Michael
    After I got that e-mail from dvdempire, I've been reading about others in the US who have bought copies already, I also noticed that amazon.com says it's available to ship in 24 hours. I wonder what's up with dvdempire then?

10. Michael Allred

Michael

I ordered mine from amazon over the weekend and it arrived today.

Yes, it would've been nice had a 5.1 mix been done but I'm in total agreement with you on the A/V quality and overall package for fans. The documentary was well done, some of Noel's comments were hilarious but Liam? As usual, he had nothing of substance to offer. The bonus disc basically has deleted scenes from the doc and they're just as interesting as what was left in (in fact, I'm a bit puzzled as to why they left them out in the first place.)

Oasis fans should pick this DVD up.

11. Bill>Moore

Bill>Moore Second Unit

I'm not as big a fan as I used to be, but I loved the first couple of albums. All this Definitely Maybe material is right up my alley. I'll be looking for this DVD ASAP.