What's new

OAR of Sword in the Stone (1 Viewer)

TedD

Supporting Actor
Perhaps in the U.S. The rest of the world is a different story.
I'm sure it depends on the country.

In the mid 50's, and to this day, almost every Japanese film I ever ran was 2.35 'Scope, TohoScope, ToeiScope, DaeiScope, etc. while every Filipino film I ever ran was 1.85 flat.

Europe is a different matter, I remember watching a newly released film in Nice, France around 1970. I walked into the theater to be greeted by a huge deep curved Cinerama screen. The house lights dimmed, the curtains opened and revealed a 1.33:1 image projected on a very small part of the huge Cinerama screen.

I walked out in disgust.

BTW, we are talking about an American film studio here.

Lady and the Tramp required new animation tables, camera's and stands, and it was a long time between Scope animated features.

Ted

I guess it all comes down to this... Outside of an anamorphic transfer, is anything "missing" image wise from the current version of TSitS? I will accept full-frame, but p&s is unacceptable!

BTW, I really appreciate ALL of your posts, thank you.

J.C.

Lars Vermundsberget

Supporting Actor
I believe SitS is "un-matted", not P&S. Even though it might not be OAR (meaning Original Theatrical Ratio), I don't worry about it for this reason: This is animation - not live-action. When opening the mattes, no part of the image, no people or equipment or other elements never intended to be seen are accidentally going to show up and ruin the composition.

As far as I understand, this is also the case with Aristocats and a few more titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks