OAR in "SceneIt" Game, But Not DVD!!!

Discussion in 'DVD' started by ZackR, Jan 18, 2005.

1. ZackR

ZackR Supporting Actor

So, some friends and I were playing the DVD/boardgame "SceneIt" the other night with the expansion pack...and there was a clip from one of my favorites, "The Jerk," with Steve Martin. It was the scene where he reads the letter in the bathtub and runs outside naked, covering himself with the dog. Well, lo and behold, the scene was anamorphic widescreen! The DVD over here (in R1 land anyways) is not. I just found that funny that the OAR was maintained in this game, but not on the actual DVD release for the movie. Man, I wish "The Jerk" would get proper SE treatment...

2. Jon Hertzberg

Jon Hertzberg Screenwriter

Jonathan
    Haha. That is unbelievable. I have SceneIt's TCM version of the game. As many of these films are academy ratio, that kind of problem has not arisen in my experience. We shall see...

3. ZackR

ZackR Supporting Actor

Yah, I mean, it was nice that the clip was OAR and all...but it just made me really want an SE DVD. Maybe soon. [​IMG] My friend has a 65" HD screen and I was surprised to see "The Jerk" clip in its OAR and anamorphic. It didn't look too shabby either. Maybe they are preparing a special edition and that was the source for the SceneIt clip?? Hey, I can dream, right?!

4. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Carefully read this for info about 2005 Universal special edition re-releases; you'll find good news in there! [​IMG]

5. ZackR

ZackR Supporting Actor

Nice, Dave. Thanks so much. I guess I missed that. Awesome news!!

6. Chris Farmer

Chris Farmer Screenwriter

That's ironic, disturbing, hilarious, and saddening. Guess they know the people who play games like that care about OAR. Fun game too, lots of fun.

7. MatthewLouwrens

MatthewLouwrens Producer

It is a fun game. When you're actually allowed to play. My friends always make me question-asker and remote controller, because they say I'll win. So? Someone has to win.

Nothing more frustrating than to have to sit there while people say things like "I don't know who directed Some Like It Hot".

8. Mark Schmitt

Mark Schmitt Stunt Coordinator

I started this thread about The Jerk getting gypped in the widescreen anamorphic department.

This sounds like awesome news regarding an SE, but it's the first I've heard about it. Any further details or corroboration?

9. Adam_S

Adam_S Producer

Adam_S
    yeah the usually widescreen is nice on scene it, but it's insanely frustrating when the very few older academy ratio films have the top and bottom of their frames chopped off, It's so nice to see people with half-heads. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Heh, matthew, I've been in the same position on that Some Like it Hot question. [​IMG]

Adam