What's new

OAR in "SceneIt" Game, But Not DVD!!! (1 Viewer)

ZackR

Supporting Actor
So, some friends and I were playing the DVD/boardgame "SceneIt" the other night with the expansion pack...and there was a clip from one of my favorites, "The Jerk," with Steve Martin. It was the scene where he reads the letter in the bathtub and runs outside naked, covering himself with the dog. Well, lo and behold, the scene was anamorphic widescreen! The DVD over here (in R1 land anyways) is not. I just found that funny that the OAR was maintained in this game, but not on the actual DVD release for the movie. Man, I wish "The Jerk" would get proper SE treatment...

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
Haha. That is unbelievable. I have SceneIt's TCM version of the game. As many of these films are academy ratio, that kind of problem has not arisen in my experience. We shall see...

ZackR

Supporting Actor
Yah, I mean, it was nice that the clip was OAR and all...but it just made me really want an SE DVD. Maybe soon. :) My friend has a 65" HD screen and I was surprised to see "The Jerk" clip in its OAR and anamorphic. It didn't look too shabby either. Maybe they are preparing a special edition and that was the source for the SceneIt clip?? Hey, I can dream, right?!

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
That's ironic, disturbing, hilarious, and saddening. Guess they know the people who play games like that care about OAR. Fun game too, lots of fun.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
It is a fun game. When you're actually allowed to play. My friends always make me question-asker and remote controller, because they say I'll win. So? Someone has to win.

Nothing more frustrating than to have to sit there while people say things like "I don't know who directed Some Like It Hot".

Mark Schmitt

Stunt Coordinator
I started this thread about The Jerk getting gypped in the widescreen anamorphic department.

This sounds like awesome news regarding an SE, but it's the first I've heard about it. Any further details or corroboration?

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
yeah the usually widescreen is nice on scene it, but it's insanely frustrating when the very few older academy ratio films have the top and bottom of their frames chopped off, It's so nice to see people with half-heads. :frowning::frowning::frowning:

Heh, matthew, I've been in the same position on that Some Like it Hot question. :)

Adam

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks