What's new

oakley half jacket (1 Viewer)

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
If these are the ones with the interchangeable lens, then yes I do. I have 3 pairs of Oaks total, two of a different type and one of these, they are fine but I have never changed the lens out so that was not really a plus. Actually, the other ones I have (straight jackets)I use much more, I really like them thus the reason for two pair. They have held up well, IMHO.

Half jackets (I have this exact pair-will sell excellent shape, at a great price, plmk)

These are the ones I use most...straight jackets

(pics borrowed from ebay)

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
I have a Half Jacket XLJ, Gold Iridium lens onto Rootbeer frame. Very nice with good ventilation but firm "hold" on ur face. Highly recommended....

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
I own a pair of Nokleys (Not Oakly), and a pair of Fauklies (Faux Oakly). Each cost me $15, two for $25, from some schmoe in downtown Toronto.

Sorry, no Oakly's... :)

Moe.

BradleyS.

Stunt Coordinator
I have the xx's, which are the same as the half jackets but have a full frame. my friend has the half jackets and he sometimes has a problem with the lens popping out if he drops them. usually not a problem with the xx's. But either model is highly recommended.

John Alvarez

Screenwriter
Todd,
I have the same pair with the flames. My wife hates them and said they look redneck....:frowning: I love them though with the polarized lenses.
I also have the XX metals and the M frames.
You can't go wrong with any of them. I have sent glasses back and usually end up with a new pair.
Their customer service is the best.

Craig LeBlanc

Stunt Coordinator
I have a pair of black Half Jackets and love them. It did take a few weeks for them to break in and stop giving me headaches (tight fit). Still thinking about trying out the ice iridium lenses...

Ari

Stunt Coordinator
I have the Bronze Half Jacket with Titanium Iridium Polarized lenses. I got these around a month ago and I'm using it for golf.

Great optics, comfortable, low-key. It's best to try them on yourself to see whether the fit is right....

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
John,
On the flamed ones, I have them in Green, me and my wife (she has some oak wire frames in green mirror too) have this thing about green things, houses, cars, eyes, glasses...
My take on the redneck thing is this, YES, most who wear them maybe but if you can afford the real ones...:b Who cares. Long as you like them. I do :emoji_thumbsup: I have a pair without flames that I call them my everyday knock around glasses. They have held up well in the past few years. BTW-I find reliable sellers on eBay and get mine there, use caution for knockoffs!!

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Word of caution on those using knock-offs....
As u wear tinted lenses, the pupil would be dilated, thus allowing more UV light to enter the eye, exposing the lens. While everyone of us will develop cataracts, it has been shown that an increase in exposure to these rays make the lens of the eye develop such opacities earlier than the genetral population. So, it would be prudent to wear those with UV protection. I know most would say that these $15 sunglasses have those "UV protected" stickers on them. But would u really take that risk to save a few dollars? Remember, u only have 2 of those.......

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
If you are really concerned about your eyes go get sunglasses from an optometrist. I've tried quite a few commercial brands (Oakley, Ray Ban, Bolle, etc.) and none of them compared to the clarity (and fit) from the optometrist pair (no prescription required).

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Are there any great places online to buy Oakleys?

They are truly the best fitting pair of sunglasses I can name. I've tried lots of cheap pairs and beyond losing the last pair of Oakleys in the lake I find them indestructable and would like to get another pair. I just can't fork over the $100+ to buy a new pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks