What's new

O no, American Pie 4, but not what you think... (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
As long as the franchise keeps making money, they will do anything to keep putting more films out.

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
It's sad that "going out on a high note" and "leave the audience wanting more" are no longer virtues in show business. :frowning:

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
The "next generation" formula (with a cameo or two by the stars of the original series, of course) has never killed a franchise before. Oh wait, IT HAS!

Way to diminish a perfectly nice film series, guys.

todd stone

Screenwriter
At first when I was reading I thought it was going to be a movie about Stifler, but I then soon realized it was about his BROTHER.

Terrible....

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
You know, I saw a clip somewhere of the director, saying that AP3 was going to be the last and that it took the characters through their journeys and there was no need for any more. but I say this. what is more American than divorce? American Pie 4: American Divorce what do you guys think? good idea? divorces can be funny as long as your not involved. You know, the whole dating new people with idiosyncrasies that your not accustomed to, splitting your shit up, how to handle the kids, and the things your friends say can be very humorous from an outside perspective if done right.

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter
The first one was great. A nice return to the Porky's type movies. The second one was decent, but the third one was boring.

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
I had only seen the first of the series (hated it) before deciding to rent the third one (hated it). I thought Stifflers character was a bit over the top. He wasn't nearly as over the top in the first one. Glad I missed the second one.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I've enjoyed the series and thought the 3rd wrapped it up nicely and got rid of a lot of dead weight that was in the 2nd one. Following stifler's brother is just as bad as an idea as a prequel to Dumb and Dumber.

Big :thumbsdown: to this project.

If they are going to make a 4th I think it should be American Baby. Show them having their first baby. Been done before but what else hasn't?

American Divorce would be funny but that would leave a very sour taste after such a good developement on their (forget their character names) relationship. I couldn't see them getting divorced and really don't want to.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
As someone who enjoyed all three, I'd have to give a preliminary :thumbsdown: to the AP4 concept...

Jeff D Han

Supporting Actor
Typical Hollywood nonsense- loads of remakes
and sequels.:thumbsdown:

The first 2 American Pies were good, didn't
like Wedding, and I won't even give #4 my
time at all. BAD BAD BAD IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

RyanAn

Screenwriter
It sounds funny, but that is just on paper... The idea could not seem to gain stride in the long run in my opinion.

Ryan

todd stone

Screenwriter
To be honest, I was thinking

"American Pie 4: High School Reunion"

wait a few years and pretend it's 10 years later. Lots of stuff they could do at a H.S. reunion.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
I hated the first one and have no desire to see the sequels or any more Seann William Scott projects.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
Seann William Scott was the only thing that stopped the last two American Pie movies from being total disasters. Why base a movie on his younger brother? He isn't even funny.

Pete-D

Screenwriter
Yeah, American Pie: High School Reunion would be interesting, but of course, the studio wouldn't want to wait that long.

Hell, I'd watch Breakfast Club: Reunion if they made it.

But this sounds like direct-to-video. I doubt Universal releases it in theaters.

The teen comedy market is drying up anyway. "Girl Next Door" and "Harold & Kumar" which are actually both well done haven't exactly lit box-office on fire.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D

Solution: Like some American Divorces, they would regret doing it and re-marry. Happy ending again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks