What's new

O.K., what happened to the hardware subcategories list on the General Hardware board? (1 Viewer)

John-J

Auditioning
I know this is an incendiary topic but would like to contribute my $00.02 with the preface that I really appreciate the work that goes into administrating a site with so much activity.

I used to be a regular visitor - more of a lurker than contributor because I was in learning mode. The information discovered here has been invaluable. For me, it was really convienient to have the information in one area because I was interested more in the threads than specific hardware topics. Having the new/updated threads span multiple pages was not an issue. After the recent changes, I find myself coming back less and less frequently because I don't like bouncing from area to area. What I think that means is that I don't think I'll be a regular visitor but will likely only drop in when I have a problem or am looking for hardware advice. Personally, I find that sort of sad because I really did enjoy cruising through the combined threads. The point here, is that I think I reflect what Ken Seeber was trying to say in his posts from earlier today.

I'm sure there are very good reasons for wanting to organize the site the way you are going. I just think it could have some un-intended consequences. Bottom line though is, thanks for keeping the site going - it is still the best HT forum on the 'net.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks