O.K. Superbit where's Godzilla (Mathew Broderick Version)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jerome Grate, Jul 12, 2002.

1. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

I was surfing DTSONLINE, and of course saw versions of Godzilla DTS Superbit on the international lists, but not here. What are they waiting for, This would probably be the hottest sounding movie with DTS. Just wanted rant.

2. Chris M

Chris M Second Unit

Oh, I'm sure Columbia will release Godzilla in Superbit... afterall, they've released other terrible movies such as Anaconda and Hollow Man in SB, so why not Godzilla!

Chris.

3. Brian Kidd

Brian Kidd Screenwriter
    Supporter

Can't we just leave it in the dustbin of cinematic mistakes?

4. Julian Lalor

Julian Lalor Supporting Actor

5. Eric F

Eric F Screenwriter

I still think they pick the Superbit titles out of a hat.

Why do they bother with such trashy movies, when there are plenty of classics waiting for such treatment?

6. Chad R

Chad R Cinematographer

Chad Rouch

7. Greg Haynes

Greg Haynes Supporting Actor

I'm sure the DTS track would rock, but if they could just figure out a way to get rid of all the actors in the movie [​IMG]

8. Dave H

Dave H Producer

I am a Superbit supporter, however I think Superbit titles are chosen by those movies that already have the BEST transfers - whether the movies are good or bad. Then, in Superbit format, they are able to increase an ALREADY very good transfer by 5% and get a near perfect transfer. I have no doubt this is the what they do. Many people want older classics (Closencounters, etc.) to be Superbits, but these movies would fall far short because no matter how well they are restored, they can't look as good as current Superbit titles. This is why they will never be a Superbit. IT's all about QUALITY of transfer, etc., NOT quality of film in determining which movie becomes a Superbit. However, maybe new movies such as Panic Room may be a sign of things to come.

9. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Well, a "Godzilla" movie should actually feature Godzilla. Not some generic CGI T-Rex.

10. Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh Cinematographer

I will take the generic CGI T-Rex over a man in a rubber suit anyday. My only problem with Godzilla 98 was Broderick.

I wouldn't mind a SB version.

11. David Coleman

David Coleman Supporting Actor

Yes this movie would benefit by being in Superbits. Man the DTS would just be awesome on that one!

12. Julian Lalor

Julian Lalor Supporting Actor

13. Tony Richardson

I must have exceptionally bad taste. I own the film and enjoy it for what it is. Popcorn summer movie. Certainly not Oscar caliber, but still a fun movie. At least in my uneducated opinion.

But what do I know, I just watch movies for the pleasure they give me, not some critic who thinks every movie is crap if it's not nominated for an Oscar.

14. Raine Linton

Raine Linton Stunt Coordinator

My son has taught me not to look at it as a Godzilla movie, rather a giant Iguana that attacks a city, just like ants and spiders or even a praying mantis. This helped me swallow the movie that pissed me off for years. Superbit "Godzilliguana" go for it. I love better pix and sound any day.
    Raine

15. Larry Fletcher

Larry Fletcher Stunt Coordinator

If I were named ruler of the entire earth, my first act would be to collect every dvd copy of that God awful excuse of a Godzilla movie(Sony's Godzilla 98) put it in a rocket along with Emmerich & Devlin and send it straight to the sun. Now lets get a superbit of the newest Godzilla movie that just came out in Japan this past DEC= GMK. [​IMG]

16. TheBat

TheBat Producer

Jacob
    A least it was much better then pearl harbor.[​IMG]
    JACOB

17. Robert Spalding

Robert Spalding Second Unit

Holland is getting a Superbit Godzilla soon.

18. Joshua Moran

Joshua Moran Supporting Actor

The one problem that really bugs me with this movie are all the baby raptors (godzilla cgi babies) tripping on gumballs. I don't know any gumball that can support an animal that size. Heck they crumble under my foot. LOL

19. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

Speaking of that scene Joshua, the surrounds are really great, I'm pretty sure a Superbit version with DTS would do this scene justice.