What's new

O Canada -- DVDs to buy? (1 Viewer)

James David Walley

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I'm set to make an overnight trip to Vancouver in the next few days. I seem to recall, some time ago, discussion about how there were certain titles for which the DVD available in Canada was better than the one sold in the U.S. -- things like more special features, anamorphic versus non-anamorphic transfers, etc.
Since I should have the opportunity to drop by a DVD store or two while I'm there, can anyone remind me which films have superior Canadian DVDs? Thanks in advance.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I have heard that the canadian version of Pulp Fiction is better that it's american counterpart.
------------------
Rich
"A) You can never go too far and B) If I'm going to get busted it is NOT going to be by a guy like DAT."
My Website

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
The Good Will Hunting DVD is a decent DVD with an anamorphic transfer, but I would definetely pass on the Pulp Fiction DVD. You get a few more extras, but the picture quality is really lacking (same as the U.S.) and is not anamorphic.
Trainspotting's transfer isn't half bad, but it's also not anamorphic.

Mike Gariepy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
If you're a fan of the LEXX TV show, you should buy season 1 on DVD (since it is a Canadian show after all). They do not have distribution rights in the US, so the only other way to get it is mail order from a Canadian DVD e-tailer.
Once you've seen season 1, the rest of the show actually starts to make sense.
May his merciful shadow fall upon you.
------------------
reddy.gif
"Hi I'm Reddy Killowatt reporting a dangerous overloaded octopus connection in sector five!"
My HT Equipment | My DVD List

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks