NYPD Blue: Worth a purchase sight unseen

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin Porter, Dec 4, 2002.

1. Kevin Porter

Kevin Porter Supporting Actor

I must admit I've never seen a single episode of NYPD Blue. It looks like a pretty solid set. Does anyone highly reccomend this one?

2. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

The first season of Blue is still one of the best. That being said, I'd suggest catching an episode or two on one of the endless reruns on Court TV before buying the set. Taste is personal, and there's no way anyone here can reliably tell you whether you'll like it.

M.

3. Joel C

Joel C Screenwriter

It's a good cop show, but I don't like cop shows. So, yeah, personal taste and such.

4. Ron Kaye

Ron Kaye Agent

1st season was awesome.

Caruso was amazing .... By far the best sidekick to Franz.

Franz started the series as a drunk, so it added a lot of extra flavor.

5. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Without a Doubt. I've enjoyed Blue since it's Premiere but the 1st Season is a great great year of Episodes. Much more serialized than the show woul become and it kinda starts a story arc that comes and goes with Caruso (Although you'll have to buy Season 2 to see his final four eps) Dennis Franz was really intense before he became the Snuggly Bear he is today. (Just watch how he greets his Assistan DA Costas in the Eps teaser.)

6. Dave Barth

Dave Barth Stunt Coordinator

The first season of this show is excellent. It's just a shame that the few Caruso episodes in season 2 could not have been put in this set instead.

I definitely recommend a watch before you buy, but if you've never seen the show before, there's a good chance you're in for a treat.