NYPD Blue, Six Feet Under, Angel - package shots

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Mirza, Dec 4, 2002.

1. Patrick Mirza

Patrick Mirza Supporting Actor

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This hobby is getting way too expensive... [​IMG]

2. JerryB

JerryB Extra

The Angel box looks good, but I assume they're using the same fold out box as Buffy. I wish they'd consider using the revised book style that R2 uses for Buffy and Angel. I always worry that the plastic case backing will crack. I guess I could get seperate cases, but space is at a premium.

3. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

What's the street date for SIX FEET UNDER?

4. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

5. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

I would only be interested in NYPD Blue as I thought the 1st season was awesome. Agree with Patrick, that DVDS are becoming too expensive as they are releasing so much at once. Not that I am complaining ofcourse, we all need a fix
    [​IMG]

6. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

They changed the disc art on Angel. Looks even nicer, I hope it opens up to the cityscape

7. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

I'm definitely getting two of these. Budget will determine NYPD, which I've never watched.

8. Richard Semple

Richard Semple Auditioning

I disagree, JerryB - the Region 2 "Buffy" and "Angel" boxes are staggeringly bad. In part, the poor packaging prompted me to wait for the Region 1 releases of these series (that and also the fact that there is a cut in the season 3 episode "The Zeppo" and I can not abide censorship).

9. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

I love the R2 packaging, and picked up Buffy season 2 from R2, even though I already had the R1 set. They have a nice, solid, book-like feel, and take up very little shelf space.

-Dave

10. Christian Preischl

Christian Preischl Screenwriter

Christian Preischl
    Hey,

11. Jason Quillen

Jason Quillen Supporting Actor

12. Simon Massey

Simon Massey Cinematographer

Simon Massey
    The Buffy Season 1 packaging is the same for both R1 and R2, and I was disappointed they changed the styles for the R2 version (I like it when they look like a series on your shelf [​IMG] ) Plus the R2 packaging is really difficult to get the discs out - yes if your really, really, really, really careful you wont scratch them [​IMG], but it shouldnt be so difficult to remove a damn disc from its cover.
    That and the R1 version is usually half the price...

13. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Sweet Packaging on Blue. Can't wait for that or Six Feet under. The Best Season of Blue Bar None. Cannot wait for this and the Shield.

14. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    I think the Price on Blue is awesome, should be able to find it for around $35 if you look hard enough. I Think SFU should be a bit cheaper , Sopranos Pricing is a bit steep.

15. JerryB

JerryB Extra

R2 Season 2 Buffy packaging was a problem, but I felt the revised R2 packaging (Buffy 3&4, Angel 1&2) was nicer than R1 Season 2 Buffy. I guess I'm not a fan of the huge fold out cases. There's always the fear of the plastic cracking. I guess any multiple DVD cases can have problems. However, I do like Jeff's thought that the case might open to a shot of the city. Also, are the Angel extras the same as the R2? I wish they'd include the great promo they did for Angel that set up the show's premise with Angel standing on the rooftop giving his back-story.

16. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

That was supposed to air as a little "Promo" for the WB. Seeing as how this is a FOX set however, it's unlikely it'll be included.
    I always wondered why actual episode promos and things weren't included on these, and now I know. They're not owned by the company who releases it apparently. [​IMG]

17. Ric Easton

Ric Easton Cinematographer

When did Angel go to a widescreen aspect ratio? Was it season 3? Are the first two seasons expected to be in a 3x4 aspect ratio? I would love to hear that they actually shot it in widescreen and will be releasing the whole series that way...

Ric

18. Robert Ringwald

Season 1 was filmed Open matte, and so no widescreen masters exist. Season 2 will be widescreen. There's speculation that Season 3 and on should be the only seasons in widescreen, as it's when the WB aired it that way. But I'm pretty sure Joss Whedon stated he prefers wider for Angel. So season 1 probably should be widescreen, but I understand why it isn't going to be.

19. Christian Preischl

Christian Preischl Screenwriter

Christian Preischl

20. Robert Ringwald

I did notice that the only difference is that at the end of the 5 minute one i downloaded, there was a wb logo. Perhaps it's been edited out and FOX can use it or something. At any rate, I loved that little short featurette and would like to see it included, if not on the first, then one of the later seasons.