What's new

NYPD Blue, season opener, Bye Bye Danny? (1 Viewer)

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Boy these people just keep leaving the show faster and faster
redface.gif
And also, why dies EVERYBODY that Andy loves DIE?
Any chemistry with Andy and the hot blonde? :)
Screech (sp?)looks like he will fill in the show just fine...who is next to leave?
patriot.gif

------------------
Regards,
Todd

My HT

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
He Played Zack Not Screech. He'll be OK but I still wish they had gone for an established Older Actor. David Caruso Perhaps.

Mitty

Supporting Actor
I don't watch NYPD Blue, but I know enough to know that it's Zack (from Saved by the Bell) not Screech. :)
Who'll be the next cast member? Fred Savage? The Olsen twins?
laugh.gif

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Charlotte Ross is the hot blonde (always been a fan of hers, even when she was on the Pauly Shore show).
I'm begging for an appearance by Screech. Hell, I think it'd be funny if Tiffani Amber Thiessen made an appearance as a street hooker. :)
------------------
PatCave; HT Pix; Gear; DIY Mains; DIY CC; Sunosub I + II + III; DVDs; Link Removed

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
quote: And also, why dies EVERYBODY that Andy loves DIE?[/quote] Not Kelly. He just got himself exiled. (Or was that Caruso?
wink.gif
)
Andy still has Russell, with whom he shares a special bond. Charlotte Ross referenced it when she pulled Andy out of the bar, and there's still a good chance that Russell will return. The producers left it as a possibility in case Philly bombs. It's too bad they couldn't manage a cameo by Kim Delaney; you'd think that Sorenson's death would prompt at least a visit from Russell.
M.
[Edited last by Michael Reuben on November 08, 2001 at 08:57 AM]

todd s

Senior HTF Member
You can never figure them out. You would have figured John Kelly(Caruso) would have been at Andy's sons funeral or his wife's funeral.
I think both Caruso and Bochko can suck up the egos to allow a visit from Caruso. It would definitely be a ratings getter.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I stopped watchig NYPD BLUE during the 3rd season, please elaborate on whos who. Who was Rick Schoeders character?
------------------
Visit My Pathetic WebPage
"....With that in mind,I humbly add my own prophecy of
what the dawn of the new millennium shall bring forth-
one thousand more years of the same old crap" Jose Chung

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
quote: Who was Rick Schoeders character?[/quote] Sipowicz's partner after the death of Bobby Simone.
quote: I stopped watchig NYPD BLUE during the 3rd season, please elaborate on whos who. [/quote] That would take a very long time. You've missed five years of comings and goings. Your best bet is the official episode guide.
M.
[Edited last by Michael Reuben on November 08, 2001 at 04:18 PM]

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
The show has gone through almost as much turnover as Law&Order -- there are no original cast members left on that show. For NYPD Blue, the only originals are Sipowicz and Medavoy. John the PAA is still there, but there are plenty others that have come and gone since season 3.
My comment on the premiere is that they did a good job of making (Prince's "Most Beautiful Girl in the World") Vanessa Marcil look kinda dowdy with the haircut and red suit.
//Ken

Mark C.

Supporting Actor
This was one of the few TV shows I watched regularly, but I have given up with the rush of characters out the door. The producers have brought enough tragedy down upon Dennis Franz's character to last through the next millenium.

Stacy Huff

Second Unit
I watched the season premiere of Blue, which is just the second full episode I've ever seen, the other being last season's finale where the Ricker went missing. I've always been vaguely aware of Blue, but I never wanted to get involved. I figured one heavy drama per week (ER) was enough for me. Now I may be hooked.
My question. I know how Schroeder left the show. I know how Jimmy Smits left the show. How did they get rid of Caruso's character? (I guess David Caruso was another reason I never got into the show in its early days. After all, wasn't he the young deputy from First Blood?)
And if they are taking a vote, I'm all for the Tiffany Thiessen cameo as the hooker, but I think they should also get her in the shower, and that it should be a landmark episode where they do nudity right--maybe a one or two minute pan up and down her body, maybe with Lisa Turtle in there with her. Leave Showgirl out of it, I've seen enough of her. But, that's just me...

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
As I recall, David Caruso's character John Kelly Spoiler:hid evidence that his girlfriend, Officer Janice Licalsi, played by Judging Amy's Amy Brenneman (who did a nude scene or two), killed the crime boss that had her in his pocket. IA came after him, and he was kinda cleared, but not really; she got convicted of a lesser, minor charge, so she left the force and he went with her.
That first season was when the show was really good. I especially liked the one where Andy went car shopping with his son and Spoiler:ran into a lead concerning a girl that had been missing for a few years. They built that up over a few prior episodes so the payoff was good.
//Ken

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks