What's new

NYPD Blue - a whole new experience in HDTV (1 Viewer)

Paul W

Second Unit
I just caught my first hi-def episode of NYPD Blue tonight.
Awesome!
The picture was great, but what really got me was the sound. It was like night-and-day difference from what I was used to hearing from my cable feed.
The sound stage was crisp and clear and seemed to envelope me in some spots with very active surround.
It was like watching an entirely new show.
I am glad to know that WFAA does switch on the DD5.0 for source that has it. Most of the time, their HD channel is running DPL (which is wierd considering their SD channel is always running DD 2.0).
------------------
Link Removed Paul Warren
I have a wonderful proof of this theorem but, with the 1536 kb/s bitrate DTS soundtrack, there is no room on the DVD to write it.
-Fermat

Brajesh Upadhyay

Supporting Actor
I agree. I too watched it for the first time in hi-def last night. Even though I'd given up watching the show a long time ago (since David Caruso left), I stayed up & watched it this time. Great picture & DD5.1 audio.
I plan to check out CSI Thursday night. I hear it's one of CBS' best-looking hi-def shows. Then, the underappreciated "The Fugitive", then more shows. I haven't watched this much network TV in a long time :).
------------------
Surf on to...
http://www.geocities.com/best101films

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks