What's new

NYPD Blue (2/17/04)... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Thought it was a good episode. I liked how Andy finally intervened in the situation between Baldwin, the boy and his father. The confrontation between Balwin and Andy was classic. And the resolution was good. That father was a piece of crap.

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
It's episodes and fine acting like this , that keeps drawing me back to this series. Talk about Baldwin stepping up to the plate! Also, just when you had forgotten about Rita and Lt. Rodriguez heating this up, looks like it's gonna happen.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I still don't understand what happened between John and Rita. They were all into each other. And then he breaks up with her. Did they ever get into why he did this??

Also, I heard that Esai Morales is leaving the show. So why have them get together?

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
I think the John and Rita thing ended because he shut her out after his father killed himself, but I'm not 100% sure.

The reports are that Morales is leaving, so maybe his getting with Rita is just a more interesting backdrop for setting up his departure. I hate to see him leave the show, I think he's perfect for the part.

Good episode, and still one of the better shows out there IMO.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
I like Esai Morales and feel he has been a fine addition to the show. The initial reports of his leaving the show indicated it was his decision. He doesn't feel he's getting enough work on the show, and I agree. However the Lieutenants role has never been a major role on the show.

Of course there are even smaller roles like the guy who babysits the perps in the interrogation room when the real talent has to go someplace else.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Yes; John was an idiot.

I also like Esai. If he leaves the job to pair up with Rita, I wonder if they will try to keep the character on the show. If so, how; if not, how will they write him out? Hopefully they won't kill him, that's been done, several times.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter

:) Funny, my wife mentioned this babysitter character not long ago, and wondered: Who is he? How did he get that job? How much does he make?

Is he the same guy who has been playing that role since the start of the show?

And I agree about Esai Morales. It's a shame they've never really tried to expand his character beyond that thing with his ex-wife. LT Fancy's role wasn't big either, but at least they worked him into the storylines with Andy.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Michael,

Your right, my bad. It's been a while and I can barely remember things from last week, let alone last May. I guess because they never really talked about it on the show. It through me off. Thanks again.

Stacy Huff

Second Unit
I got to NYPD Blue very late. I think the first episodes I saw were when Ricky Schoeder went undercover and then ended up missing. So the first full season I saw was when John/Zach showed up (he needs to bust Screech). Lately I've been catching the old episodes in the afternoon. As much as I look forward to the show each week, those old shows...wow!

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
I loved the scene with Andy and Baldwin. "Put your hand down", where Andy shows no sign of anxiety or fear. Well played!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks