What's new

NYC tragedy. J&R? (1 Viewer)

Glenn

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Michael,
>>Today, Monday, October 22, J&R is finally reopening its store. While the buildings remained structurally intact, the interiors took heavy damage and a lot of inventory was ruined. The website and mail order operations have continued to function for the last six weeks, but they make up only a fraction of J&R's business. Today's New York Times details the damage to the store and the difficult future faced by J&R, whose sole retail location in downtown Manhattan used to be a prime spot but is now highly problematic. Here is a link to the article.
Thanks for the update. I am glad to hear thatr J & R has reopened. I hope they are able to overcome this in the future and I plan to visit them next month when we are in NYC. I will buy some items from them then and I might just go to their web site now and find something to buy in support of their business. I would hate for J & R to not be around anymore.
Thanks,
Glenn

Cy Jervis

Agent
I just wanted to note that the internet store is doing a great job. A few days after the WTC tragedy I bought a pair of Sennheiser HD-570 headphones from them, not only was their price the best but even with all the chaos they were delivered in 3 days as promised. J & R has never let me down. I'm trying to help a friend upgrade to a new DD 5.1 receiver(he has a technology phobia) as well to drum up more business for J & R.

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
I just ordered and recieved something from JandR, they did not miss a beat, nor did they mentioned anything about 9/11 (in so far as possible delay or availability problems).

W

Will

I am shopping for a Panasonic RP-91. Since I read here that
J&R has good prices, I naturally wondered if they carry the RP-91.
They do, for $499. However etronics (who just so happens
to also be in NY I think) has it for $419. Unfortunately
for me, etronics is currently out of stock on the RP-91.

Users who are viewing this thread