What's new

3D NYC Area..3D Auteurs at Film Forum November (1 Viewer)

phillyrobt

Second Unit
Real Name
Robt C
Gun Fury, Taza Son of Cochise, Revenge of the Creature, Glass Web, Wings of the Hawk, Twixt (Coppola), Hara-kiri Death of a Samurai, Stranger Wore A Gun, Melies 3D shorts, Flesh for Frankenstein, Second Chance, Hole (Joe Dante), Beowulf ..as well as some other favorites. See Film Forum rep schedule...

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Well this is gonna be fun - not sure how many my work schedule will allow me to make (the downside of working primarily nights and weekends) but I'm certainly gonna make an effort for any and all of the titles that aren't on 3D Blu-ray.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
upload_2016-10-16_3-18-10.png

phillyrobt

Second Unit
Real Name
Robt C
You'd have to get the Region B locked German version. I hope Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk will still be around when this ends...

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I'll be seeing Revenge Of The Creature at 3pm tomorrow (probably) and The Glass Web at 6:40pm (definitely) - if anyone from HTF happens to be attending either of those shows, PM me if you'd like to put a face to the name (or if we've already met, just say hi!)

Will probably skip Man In The Dark, since I already have the 3D Blu-ray and they're showing a DCP based on the same master used to make the disc - thinking I'll pass on spending more money to see the exact same thing I've got at home. Hopefully the dual 35mm prints for the other two are in decent shape and the projectionist has his "A" game going.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
In the past they have shown the 1950's 3D titles full frame.

In previous years, I saw Mad Magician there at 1.85:1. But in the past Dial M was shown at 1.33 from the 35mm. Now that it's shown on DCP instead, it's probably correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks