What's new

NY sportscaster Mike Francesa...what happened?? (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I happened to catch his tv show last night on NBC "Mike'd up". And I couldn't believe how heavy he got. I know he was a little heavy. But, he really got obese big. Is he sick? I know some medications make you heavy (ie-Jerry Lewis).

Frank S

Grip
I don't think he's sick. It's just probably a result of his knee surgeries and not being able to move so well. I think his current size has been a gradual thing over the past few years. The radio show is on the YES network but he's usually sitting behind the console.

Chas_T

Supporting Actor
Michael,

You right on target about Mike F. I find him an egotistical, arrogant man who treats his audience with distain and very little patience at times. When he smiles or laughs, it almost does not seem appropriate.

It's rather interesting to watch his facial expressions, or lack of since they began broadcasting on YES. I must say though, the man is very smart and does have interesting observations and input on the sports world. I give him credit for his work.

I get a charge out of Joe Beningo on the overnight as he pretty much mocks him on a continual basis when given an opportunity.

Mike has grown larger in body size through the years. Perhaps that correlates with his growing ego as you write!!! I think he turns 50 next month.

Mad Dog is great as he brings his personality and his expertise into the sports talk show. He has been known to vascillate and make some pretty bizzare comments at times, but I enjoy his work. I love his passion for the Giants.

Stone Face and the Mad Dog. Very entertaining!!

LewB

Screenwriter

I beg to differ. I was listening to Mad Dog (MD) one Saturday morning a few summers ago. An older man was on talking baseball. The man was talking about stats and got a number or 2 mixed up. MD then yelled at him, calling him stuipd for mis-staing the stats, he then said something like 'how dare you call with wrong stats'.

Hate to tell you this MD, but if guys like him didn't take the time to call you would have to get a REAL job !
I gave up on that radio station shortly thereafter. I'll only listen if there is a game broadcast.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

I've listen to their show off and on since they started together on WFAN and I think Mad Dog is an idiot. Too many times, he has made moronic comments for me to have any respect for him as an expert in sports. Francesa is a lot smarter, but his bed side manner leaves a lot to desire. He is much too arrogant for his own good. However, I usually watch their program on YES everyday.

Crawdaddy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks