What's new

NY Daily: Letterman ripped off by Emmy's (1 Viewer)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Link
Admittedly, I was also stunned by the failure to include Dave's performance on Sept. 17 in this category; while I do like Jon Stewart, and Ryan Styles on "Whose Line is it Anyway" are good performers; Dave's shows on Sept. 17 and Sept. 18 stand out as two of the most memorable nights in Television history, period.
To neglect those moments, and his performance - especially his performance on Sept. 17, in which he uttered the feeling that summed up most of America at that time 'does it make any sense? Will it ever make any damned sense?' was as touching, moving, and brave of television as I can ever remember airing.
No offense to the other artists in the category, but Letterman was flat out robbed; and history will remember this year for Dave ;)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
While it's "in general" each is nominated corresponding to a performance in a single episode, according to my "Guide to the Emmy" crib sheet..

clemente

Agent
Just to play Devil's Advocate (full disclosure, I don't watch Dave), its full well possible that the Letterman camp didn't submit those particular episodes...which is perfectly understandable, who would want to benefit from such an event.

The list of nominee's in that category does make the wonder the sanity of the Emmy voters though.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
It's too bad such things must be submitted for nomination. Nomination should be based on merit, not submission.

Double edged sword though. I'm sure some things would never get seen if they weren't submitted.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks