NWWA DIY Audio Meet 2004

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by TimForman, Apr 3, 2004.

1. TimForman

TimForman Supporting Actor

Well, we have 51 people that have signed up and some of those are bringing guests so the actual number appears to be ~55. (Sure glad Dan offered the use of the Adire facilities.) I'm going to leave the sign-up form up through the weekend so if anyone else wants to come please sign up now.

Thanks.
    Tim

2. TimForman

A correction to something earlier.

Registration is closed for persons wishing to bring equipment, however, for those that just want to come check it out registration will remain open for one more week. I need that time to determine how much food to buy.

SPECIAL OFFERS

Creative Sound Solutions is offering special inventory reduction pricing on all their products to attendees of the Meet. If there is a CSS product you would like send an e-mail to [email protected]
    to let Bob know.

Adire Audio will also have special offers on selected items.

3. Mike SJ

Mike SJ Supporting Actor

4. TimForman

I can direct you to the thread that started it all, but beyond that all the info is on my website. This is a great opportunity for anyone that may be interested in learning what DIY audio is about. After it's over I'll add photos and commentary to the web page.

5. TimForman

Tomorrow's the day. Food, Fun and Music! Adire Audio, Creative Sound and RAW Acoustics will be selling stuff cheap, so some smart shoppers will get great deals. Al Wooley e-mailed me and said he didn't want to drag all that stuff back across the border.
    Anyway, pics will be posted for those that can't make it.

6. AllanRW

AllanRW Second Unit

Would like to say it was a great day had lots of fun and good to see that many people turn out.

A big thanks to Tim for planning the event.Yes someone else to plan a event up in the Northwest[​IMG]
    Well done to you and the important half which she was a very nice lady to see who likes the speakers as you do.
    Then the Family arrive Tim.Talk about a family event.

As well a big thanks to Dan and Dave from Adire for putting up the event as well as all those at Adire that spent the time to have the buildings layed out for the event.
    Slushy machine was great[​IMG]
    Dog were rolling around on the barby as well as the tables of munchies.

Thanks again to all those who put on the event.
    Here is a few links to pics as they are getting put up.

DIY pics
    DIY PICS #2

Al

7. TimForman

Thanks Al. Yes, my wife, mother, sister(in-law) and brother showing support. Way, way cool. I couldn't have done it without help from Dan, Dave, Brian and Chris at Adire. A very big [​IMG] I had a great time and found myself, more than once, walking around with a big stupid grin like a kid at a carnival. [​IMG]
    Oh yeah, thanks to Bob for letting me borrow the Jordans that are sitting in my HT room right now (snicker, snicker).

8. Bob Reimer

Bob Reimer Agent

Tim, hope you enjoy them. Thanks to all who attended, contributed, etc., especially to Tim for organizing and Dan and Adire for hosting, It was a good day and I think we should plan the next one for Canada.

Bob

9. Allen Ross

Allen Ross Supporting Actor

or the east coast :b

10. Steven Kephart

I definitely had a blast as well. You guys are crazy with those designs. From flower pots, to birds (tweeters?), to enclosures with more weight from screws than wood, there were some very creative setups. Those Emerald Towers made me want to watch the Wizard of Oz.

I told Dan that next time we have one, we have to add fine print to the sign up form that states anything brought is automatically donated to us. It's not because I'm greedy or anything, but it's so you guys will have something new to bring next time. Honest. That's why we would do it. For your good, not ours. Trust me. [​IMG]

Thanks again guys for making it so great. It was good meeting at least some of you guys.

Steven Kephart
    Adire Audio

11. George W

George W Stunt Coordinator

If you think the screws weigh more than the wood, then I'll let you carry them next time [​IMG]
    Seriously thanks for hosting this at your offices and doing the raffle. Also the presentations on driver design and speaker re-coning were very informative. I had a blast!

George

12. Aaron Gilbert

Aaron Gilbert Second Unit

Tim, Dan, Dave, Steven, et al,

Thanks for setting this all up, it was definitely a great time! I wasn't surprised to see such a large turnout, and we sure had some nice weather to go along with it. I mentioned to Dan an idea for next time, of setting up the main listening room down in the warehouse. Just set up like 60 chairs and have people dedicated to quick swapping of the speakers on audition, that way everyone gets a chance to listen to all the speakers. Granted, a warehouse isn't that much like a home listening room, though treatments could be made. On the other hand, by the time I hooked my speakers up for audition upstairs, most people had already left for the day. It's the nature of the beast, really. I think the only solution is to just have a lot MORE of these events. That way if you don't feel like you got enough play time, make up for it a few months later.

Ah well, don't mean to be a wet noodle! This was still by far the best DIY loudspeaker event I've been to (no offense, Al - yours are great too), and I look forward to more of it in the future.

Oh yes, in case you don't notice, I'm the designer of the Emerald Towers and Power Pots. [​IMG] I still have to get off my but and take pictures of the latest version of the ET's (now on Phase III), but the Power Pots photos on my web site are current, link below. The ET's just do not photograph well indoors unless you do a lot of tricks with lighting.

http://www.aaroncgilbert.com/hometheater.html

Aaron Gilbert