NWA-TNA possibly buying Timeslot on WGN

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Casey Trowbridg, Dec 17, 2003.

1. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

According to: http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/ne...p?news_id=8310 NWA-TNA may purchase a timeslot on WGN to air a weekly TV show to suppliment their PPV product.

I'm not sure this is a good idea, because:
    1. The story states that they're already running in the red.
    2. The possible time slot isn't really that great, 10 AM on a saturday morning?

They need a TV deal to succeed I won't deny that, and its sad that their isn't a market for Professional Wrestling. hell, when WCW was canceled off of Turner networks, it was still one of the higher rated programs on the stations, and things have only gone down since then.

Any other wrestling fans wish to comment on this, and answer me this.
    If you have never seen a TNA show, and watched it on WGN if it were something you liked, would you consider spending 10 bucks to check out a PPV event on Wednesday Night?

2. Michael Henry

Michael Henry Second Unit

J. Michael Henry
    I would LOVE to have some competition to the WWE...I got the Year-In-Review PPV of NWA-TNA a while back, and looked GREAT! I however refuse to pay $10 a week to watch tho, and that's the problem...

On another note, how much would being on WGN make the NWA-TNA product tone down???

3. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

Well, it would basically be the same type of show as their sindicated Xplosion show accept this would have bigger main event matches, but I'm sure it would be heavily edited compared to the PPV broadcasts, I just think its a bad move for a company already losing money to pay $50,000 a week for a slot of WGN.