What's new

NW PA ISF Tech Tour? (1 Viewer)

TimothyB

Grip
I know that there are alot of us out there who have recently purchased RPTVs. I just wonder how many of them are in my area. So..............
I am interested in organizing an ISF Tech tour to the Northeastern Ohio, Northwestern PA, Southwestern NY area. I would like to know who would be interested in having calibrations done and where you are located. If there is enough interest, maybe we can get a tour set up. If you prefer to contact me off list, that's fine also.
Erie, PA is 90 miles from Buffalo, NY. It is 90 miles from Cleveland, OH. And it is 90 miles from Pittsburgh, PA. If a tech stayed here, he could reach a large segment of the tri-state area in only 1.5 hours. Anybody interested?
Timothy
------------------
There is no spoon.

TimothyB

Grip
Nobody???????? There is nobody in this area who is up for a professional calibration? C'mon, let someone take your TV where it has never been to before!! You will be glad that you did.
------------------
There is no spoon.

Jason X

Auditioning
I live just north of Pittsburgh and would be very interested in having some ISF work done! I have a 56H80 and done a number of tweaks to it, but still think it could be improved more. Let me know when you have some more details about it, but I'd be 100% in if you decide to set one up.
[Edited last by Jason X on September 04, 2001 at 09:12 AM]

TimothyB

Grip
Jason and all,
We now have 5 people interested in an ISF Tech calibration in this area. I would like to get at least 5 more to make it worthwhile to the tech and to even out travel expenses amongst us. Ask your friends, relatives and neighbors if they might be interested in getting the most out of their TVs. The more, the merrier!
Timothy
------------------
There is no spoon.

Tim-
I may be interested in this. I live in the Cleveland area. I have a Mits 55809. Can we find out who the tech is? What are his fees? Does he include the red push fix for the Mits color decoder issue? You can email me at [email protected] for further information.
Thanks,
Eric

John_Sn

Grip
I also live just north of Pittsburgh, Jason were abouts are you? I will be purchasing a set within a month or so and would like to have it calibrated. I also would like to no if the calibrator would be able to fix the color decoder on the Mitsubishi sets, if I go that route. I am also looking at the Toshibas H81 sets. keep me posted on any new info.

TimothyB

Grip
We only need 3 more people to make a go at this tech tour. Ask around. There has got to be a few more of us close by who want what is best for their TV!!
Timothy
------------------
There is no spoon.

John_Sn

Grip
Tim,
Do we no who is going to be the calibrator? This is very important info. I think we need to have some feed back from users that had their sets calibrated by this person. Anybody agree?
thanks,
john

EvanH

Grip
I agree as well. Who does it and what kind of experiences others have had with them is very important.
One thing I'm curious about is if anyone has heard of Home Theater International in Columbus, OH. My friend talked to a Mike who said their tech's get Toshiba certified every 6 months and ISF certified every year. Just wondering if anyone has used them before.
Evan

Eliab

Agent
Hello,
I’m fairly new to this forum but am well known over at The Home Theater Spot. If you guys haven’t yet decided on an ISF tech to conduct the tour, I would be interested in performing it and can provide plenty of referrals. Thanks in advance for any consideration that you guys give me in regards to this. Good luck!
Eliab
patriot.gif

------------------
Avical
ISF Certified Calibrations
www.Avical.com [email protected]

John_Sn

Grip
Bingo!
I have been cruising the HTS for a couple years and I no that Eliab has a very good reputation and is knowledgeable in calibrations. Let's see if we can pull this thing together. We will need some pricing info to start. Thanks for steppin up Eliab.
john

Eliab

Agent
John,
I would be very interested and honored to do the tour, but since I’m located about 20 minutes from Manhattan, I would like to figure out how it could be made financially feasible for everyone involved. With that in mind, I would be willing to drive as opposed to flying out and renting a car, as this would be much less expensive. I would also cover all fuel and toll charges. As for the time spent in NW PA, I would be willing to stay at the customer’s homes to avoid additional lodging expenses (a couch or a carpeted floor will do and I won't raid anyone's fridge!). Otherwise, an inexpensive hotel will suffice. I would grant each potential customer two hours of commuting time for free. Therefore, if 12 customers were to be lined up, I would travel 24 hours for free, and the remaining hours would then be computed at a rate of $35.00 per hour. Please click on the link below for specific prices.
http://www.geocities.com/eliabisf/Avical-Fees.htm
------------------
Avical

John_Sn

Grip
Eliab,
Thank you for your quick response and your generosity. We now have to figure out how many are actually interested in this service. Also, we need to coordinate this tour, which might possibly take a couple weeks. Those interested can respond on this forum or we can e-mail one another, call each other or whatever else is necessary. Eliab be patient and let us evolve the next step in this process, with input from you of course.
thanks,
john

Eliab

Agent
John,
You’re very welcome! For those wanting to save even more, I would be willing to give instructions on certain refinements to perform on your own (SVM disablement, glare-screen removal, etc.). Thanks again for any consideration as per my services. Good luck!
Eliab
patriot.gif

------------------
Avical

John_Sn

Grip
Hello Eliab,
I just sent you an e-mail explaining the current situation.
I will be in-touch with you and others. Thanks again.
john

EvanH

Grip
John, please contact me in regards to this. Myself and a friend of mine very much want to be included in this tour and will help to bring it together in any way possible.
Evan
[email protected]

DustinC

Stunt Coordinator
I too an now interested in the NW ISF Tour, I was e-mailed months ago and asked if I wanted in, but said I didn't have the money at the time. I am not interested again.
Thanks
-Dustin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks