What's new

nvidia tnt and xp problem (1 Viewer)

BradK

Stunt Coordinator
Last couple days I have been getting screen freeze/lock ups before system reboots itself. After rebooting I get the message from windows saying system was shut down unexpectedly and that the problem seems to be with my nvidia tnt video card. Also says "display driver unable to complete a drawing operation, check manufacturer for update".

Well, I did download the latest driver from nvidias website and it seemed fine for a day, now I am getting same message again. Can someone help ?

Randy_T

Stunt Coordinator
A little more information is needed. What type of processor and mainboard are you using? Is the interface AGP or PCI? How much memory does the card have?

Randy T

SteveBjr

Stunt Coordinator
Try running Windows Update and see if it recommends a different video driver for you. Many of Nvidia's detonator drivers are not official window's drivers and it could possibly cause a problem. I use the detonator drivers but it may be a problem for your particular video card.

BradK

Stunt Coordinator
I tried windows update, it didnt recommend anything. This problem started before I downloaded Nvidia's latest XP driver, and continued after.

I'm using a Pent.4, 1.5 gig. with 512 mb ram. The card is AGP with 64 mb memory, not sure of mainboard type. If you tell me how to find out, I will. Thanks for help

Randy_T

Stunt Coordinator
I recently built a new computer, and gave my old one to my mother. I swapped the G-force 2 with a 64Mb TNT 2 Ultra to save $$ (she really didn't need a G-force). Started having problems right away. Most of the time, the computer wouldn't even boot. This computer has a T-bird 1.2Ghz processor that has a 133MHz (x2) FSB, which means that AGP will also run at a higher MHz. Everything I tried didn't seem to help. Finally bought a G-Force 3, and reinstalled the G-Force 2 back in my mother's computer.

Did this card come with the computer, or did you install it? What brand and model is your computer? Your TNT is pretty outdated, especially since you have a P4 1.5GHz processor, that has a 100MHz (x4) FSB. Go into the BIOS and see what your AGP settings are. Be sure that "Turbo" and "4x" are turned off. You may want to look at either a G-Force 3 for gaming, or a Radeon for HTPC. I just saw a 64Mb G-Force 2ti 200 for $120 at Best Buy.

Randy T

Damian James

Stunt Coordinator
You know what, my parents had this exact same problem. I had them update to the latest detonator drivers and it went away. Theirs is a Diamond Viper TNT2 card with 32mb ram on XP Pro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks