What's new

Nuremberg: Alliance Atlantis Version (1 Viewer)

Chad E

Stunt Coordinator
I recently picked up Nuremberg from the $6.99 bargain bin at Future Shop. It listed "Full Frame" on the back, but I figured this was OK since it was a made-for-TV movie.

However, I checked DVDEmpire, and apparently the Warner version released in the US was a 1.66:1 anamorphic widescreen version. Strangely, the back of the case says: "Presented in a "matted" widescreen format preserving a theatrical exhibition aspect ratio". However, IMDB confirms this was a TV release.

So, what is the actual OAR of Nuremberg? Was it ever shown theatrically? Was it actually filmed at 1.33:1 and just cropped for the Warner DVD?

If it was originally filmed/presented at 1.33:1 then I have no problem with a "full frame" DVD... it is the OAR after all. But if this isn't the OAR then I'll return it.

Interestingly, the AA version appears to have more special features than the WB version.

Jack _Webster

Stunt Coordinator
It was actually shown on TV in widescreen. Seems that TNT does this for all its TV movies. I like that; it gives a theatrical quality to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks