What's new

Numbers (Numb3rs) S1 mastering fault ? (1 Viewer)

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit
Have started watching the new DVD release of Numbers (Numb3rs) and there appears to be a mastering fault on the 2nd disk.

On each disk you can either select the episodes individually or via a play all.

With disk 2 if you select the 3rd episode on the disk (s1 ep7) Counterfeit Reality it comes up with a second screen where you can select commentary on or off, then pressing select should take you to the episode.
However on my copy it does not instead it takes you to the previously viewed episode the 2nd on the disk (s1 ep6) Derailed or if you choose it straight from bootup it goes to the first episode on the disk (s1 ep5) Prime Suspect. You get the same problem whether you select the episode with or without commentary.

I have found a work around
either if your player allows select title 3 on the disk
or if not choose play all this does take you to the 3rd episode after the 2nd as you would expect.
In both cases it defaults to the broadcast soundtrack although you can switch to the commentary on the fly using the remote's audio button.

So you can get to view the episode its just a hastle if you want to go back and watch it on its own.

Another minor gripe is the packaging in that it is two plastic trays with the 2 disks on each semi overlapping which I hate. Disks 3 & 4 were loose in their tray and scratched on my copy so am trying to watch the set over the weekend as returning as I am in the UK will be a hastle if I have to do so.
Pity they did not go like other Paramount titles (Star Trek Fan Collective, CSI etc) and use the thin plastic trays with 1 disk per tray.

Apart from this superb series and one of my favourites in recent years. Like it I guess with my maths background.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Malcolm, I didn't have this problem with my set. I have a Sony player - what kind do you have?

Gord

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit

I tried it on both my Sony players 725 and F21 (these are UK model numbers so not sure how it compares to the US versions) and get the same fault.

I am having to return my set as disk 4 is faulty. Disk was loose in the set and badly marked. When playing the only episode on the disk it freezes and jump over a minute of playing time, guess caused by the damage.

Will see if I have better luck with with both disks in my new set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks