What's new

number on profile ? (1 Viewer)

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
i wasnt sure which forum this question was best suited for ?

but i noticed a number is attached to each profile, that does not seem to be based upon the number of posts ?

just curious as to what it is, and how it gets assigned ?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
jimmyjet said:
...i noticed a number is attached to each profile, that does not seem to be based upon the number of posts ?

just curious as to what it is, and how it gets assigned ?
Where do you see this number? Can you give an example, ANY KIND of description? It would be helpful to give such information.

You can imagine a database such as this is quite complex.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Are you referring to the number in this link tied to your profile: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/user/360884-jimmyjet/ ? How number 360884 is tied to your profile? Its just a database key that references your profile. Just about everything has one. If you look at the URL for this link in your address bar you will see a number there: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topic/324683-number-on-profile/ essentially the same thing. While I don't think they are random, it probably has to do with order things were imported into the database when we migrated here and the order things have been created since we are here. In short it means absolutely nothing. :D

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
hi adam,

you already helped me with this by email - you said it corresponds to the number of "likes" that you get.

i just happened to notice it one day - i think i went to my profile for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks