What's new

Number of Alerts Decreases (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
When I enter the HTF I’ll see a number of alerts are available. Recently, the little bell symbol showed 11 alerts. I clicked on the first one, went there, and the number fell to 6. This has been happening for quite a while. What causes it?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
When I enter the HTF I’ll see a number of alerts are available. Recently, the little bell symbol showed 11 alerts. I clicked on the first one, went there, and the number fell to 6. This has been happening for quite a while. What causes it?
Are multiple alerts about the same post? Once you click on view post, it probably removes all the alerts pertaining to that post.

All the alerts remain listed, even if the little number indicating "new" reduces or disappears.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
As Malcolm stated, you may be getting alerts for each new post or reply to a thread. Once you click on an alert and view those posts in said thread, they will all be marked as read.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks