NUMB3RS: We all use math every day.

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Gaby:), May 6, 2005.

1. Gaby:)

Gaby:) Extra

I love this show and the ratings are pretty decent so my friend Matt and I were wondering when we might anticipate seeing our show on DVD.

I think Paramount has the rights to it, production company-wise.

Thanks for any advance info!
    Gaby[​IMG]

2. Jim Beaver

Jim Beaver Supporting Actor

I haven't seen this show yet, so I hope it comes on DVD so I can check it out. I'm hoping that most of the new shows come on DVD. I'm looking forward to Boston Legal, House, Medium, The Office, Eyes, Revelations, Hawaii and LAX.

3. Justin^W

Justin^W Agent

My friend was interested in the beginning, but he said the novelty has worn off already. I don't know I haven't watched it yet. If it's successful I'm sure a DVD will come out fairly soonish.

4. peggy

peggy Stunt Coordinator

I watch this show every week and I think each week it gets better and better. It is really different from the other crime shows that are out there.

5. HowardPaul

HowardPaul Stunt Coordinator

Great show! Superbly casted and produced. My God, the producers are Ridley and Tony Scott (Directors of Gladiator, Top Gun etc.)

Agree...it just gets better.

How

6. Gaby:)

Agreed! This is by far the best crime show on the air and it doesn't have to have the romance! I'm personally hoping they won't go romancing but I have some friends that want some. And this is coming from a 17-year-old chica. I love the math aspect so very much. It just might sway me from my plans of becoming a geneticist and make me go and become a mathematician.. Who knows? I've still got time.

Gaby[​IMG]

7. Gaby:)

The show was picked up for a second season, same timeslot and day. Yay.

8. ChrisCook

ChrisCook Screenwriter

Numb3rs is finally confirmed to be coming to DVD.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5097

Since this series is popular and doing well on Friday nights, I do hope Paramount includes extras with the entire cast as well as the crew (though since actress Sabrina Lloyd was only in the first season I wonder if they could get her as well).

9. Pete Battista

Pete Battista Screenwriter

Pete
    I will be getting this set as well. It is not one of my favorites that is on right now... but do watch it every week... and I think I enjoy it enough for a purchase. [​IMG]

10. ChrisCook

ChrisCook Screenwriter

DVD Times also is reporting that "Numb3rs" will have extras: cast & crew commentaries and multiple featurettes. I don't know if this true or not since TVShowsOnDVD two days ago said they didn't have any information on extras.

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=60507

11. Pete Battista

Pete
  12. ChrisCook

ChrisCook Screenwriter

I saw that when I was over on TVShowsOnDVD earlier. Now all we need is extras for "The 4400", since "Numb3rs", "NCIS" and "JAG" will be getting extras. I'd add "MacGyver", but Paramount is not biting. I wish CBS were handling that series.

13. Gaby:)

Just wanted to let you guys know that an actor who has appeared on the UPN drama Veronica Mars many times will be on an upcoming episode of NUMB3RS...

Michael Muhney (Sheriff Don Lamb)

Also, great news about the DVD. I can't wait to see that final scene once more!

14. Pete Battista

Pete

Hmmm... final scene of Numb3rs: Season 1? I don't remember... Something to look forward to! [​IMG]

15. ChrisCook

ChrisCook Screenwriter

16. Gaby:)

Pete, I'll spoiler tag it for those who have never seen Numb3rs and will be watching it for the first time on DVD...Charlie is playing chess against his brother and father while grading papers. They notice he misspells the word anomaly so it's "anamaly", I think, somewhere in there. Charlie says no, he uses the word many many times a day. He can't be misspelling it. He's so distracted they get a checkmate. Don eventually gets a page that needs to go to work. Charlie gets upset but says "I'll take care of the old man for ya." Alan overhears this and questions Charlie, "old man?" Charlie says "I meant it strictly as a term of endearment, Father." Don chuckles as he's about to leave. Alan threatens to break out the Scrabble board and Charlie gives the most adorable gulp and has a frightened look on his face. *fangirl sigh* And then they cue out...

Yeah that's from memory so some details might be out of order, but I think that's how it went pretty much.

Gaby[​IMG]

17. Pete Battista

Pete
    Very cool!... Thanks Chris!... I don't know how I missed those news items... I go to that site every day! LOL :p)

Thanks Gaby... was enough to remind me how the season ended. From your first comment (so not to spoil those that hasn't watched yet...) I was thinking there was a cliffhanger ending or something.

18. ChrisCook

ChrisCook Screenwriter

I got my copy of "Numb3rs" yesterday. I haven't opened it yet, but I noticed on the back cover that:

What is replaced from this first season release? Is it the instrumental theme "Once In A Lifetime", or some background music? If anyone taped "Numb3rs" from its original broadcast, and has their copy of the S1 DVD, could you please report back what has been changed? Thanks.

19. Keith I

Keith I FoS

Keith
    I know for sure that the instrumental theme "Once in a Lifetime" is only used on the Pilot episode. The Season 2 theme song is used for the rest of the episodes and it's really loud compared to the rest of the episodes but it sounds really good in 5.1.

As for actual songs, I don't know if any were replaced. Did the show use any songs? I'm not up on current TV show music. Update: I took a look at TV.com and they do have actual songs listed for two of the episodes (accuracy not guaranteed).

"Pilot"
    "Once in a Lifetime" (instrumental) - Talking Heads
    "Inertia Creeps" - Massive Attack (the song Charlie is listening to in his headphones is there)
    * There is a song playing when we first meet Charlie riding in his "go cart" but TV.com doesn't list it; TV.com submissions are from the public so no guarantee of accuracy.

"Counterfeit Reality"
    "Falling" - Heavy Hitters (I don't know if the instrumental at the end of the episode is this song or done by the composer for the episode; I can't find any information on Heavy Hitters and there are too many song titles with "Falling" in them)

I didn't browse Season 2's pages much but I notice Episode 14 had three songs, so I wonder if Season 2's DVDs will also have "music replacement?"

And did Paramount make this disclaimer really small!

20. ChrisCook

ChrisCook Screenwriter