What's new

Numb3rs - season 6 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I really can't believe this show is now in its 6th season, keeping its stranglehold on the 10 p.m. EDT Friday night timeslot on CBS.

I sort of tuned out on this show after about 4 episode of its 5th season (having seen the other 4 seasons), but might jump back if time allows.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I love Numb3rs. It's a refreshing show amongst all the dark shows I watch. It's nice to see the good guys win :)

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Well, the season finale just aired, and it was clearly crafted to act as the series finale, should the show not be picked up for a 7th season.

While it has never been a popular show here if you are counting the number of posts in its threads, I suspect a fair number of people still watch it from time to time. Personally, I applaud Numb3rs for its great ensemble cast, its humour, the writing, and of course the often slick-as-hell opening sequences. Few shows manage to deliver entertaining episodes week-after-week, while sticking to their core idea.

As I've said before, sometimes, it's just great to watch a show where the good guys are good, the bad guys are bad, and, in the end, the heroes prevail.

I'll miss Numb3rs, but it was great while it lasted, and at least it got had a proper "ending."

Cheers!

Josh

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I agree Josh. I currently have (had) 6 current series on my Season Pass and Numb3rs was there. I will indeed miss the weekly show which at least acts like knowledge is a helpful trait as a bastion against all the drivel that predominates (i.e. almost every reality show ever produced). The characters all are just plain fun, but I will miss Amita especially. Edgerton and Larry never fail to make me laugh, and Judd Hirsch is just a special (who knew this is where Alex Reiger would end up).

I just noticed that House, Bones, and Caprica are also included with my season passes all which are headed for the most part by certifiable geniuses. When Dexter comes back it will include another flawed genius of sorts.

LCD22

Screenwriter
"Numb3rs" will be missed in this household. I've been watching it since the pilot and last night's finale was truly given the closure it deserved by series creators Cheryl Heuton and Nicolas Falacci. While I knew going into this season it would be the last,
I like to see where they go with Charlie and Amita heading to London with Larry now consulting the FBI.

Did anyone else notice the return of the original Season 1 theme, "Once in a Lifetime" by Talking Heads? Nice touch.

I had read prior to the broadcast that someone familiar would be appearing and it ended up being Lou Diamond Phillips in a great cameo. I was hoping it would be Diane Farr or (a real long shot) Sabrina Lloyd, but love the line about not being invited to the wedding.
I hope we'll see this come to Blu-ray some day.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
The show had a great run and a satisfying conclusion, which so few shows do. (Those that aren't canceled early seem to stumble on for one or two seasons longer than they should - Night Court and ST: TNG being two examples.)

Maybe in a couple of years they can do a reunion TV movie, or even a series of them a couple of times a season. It would be nice to catch up with the group, or the core family group plus different configurations of the supporting cast depending on the story, from time to time.

Regards,

Joe

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
I am a fan who saw every episode, however I don't mind seeing it end. The formulaic nature of Numb3rs was getting a bit tiring, especially Charlie's weekly explanation of the mathematic solution being employed.

Robert Watson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert Watson
I heard about the show but I've been watching it in reruns since the show went off the air.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks