What's new

Nudity in a BMX game??? (1 Viewer)

Andre F

Screenwriter
I saw this at Gamespot (and somewhere else a while ago) and it's the next installment of Dave Mirra without Dave Mirra or any other 'real' riders. I'm not too sure how nudity and profanity fit into a game like this. Don't get me wrong I can appreciate mature games (still playing through GTA3 and Eternal Darkness) but this seems like a gimmick.

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Looks like Dave Mirra has been dropped from the title, and it's just a generic BMX game with a heavy dose of nudity and profanity. Personally, I'll probably rent it for the novelty factor, but I'm not exactly expecting a Tony Hawk killer. :)

Neil M

Stunt Coordinator
This game was supposed to have Dave Mirra and other riders in it but they dropped out of it. Probably to avoid any controversy. They will be in Dave Mirra 3 which comes out a few months after the newly titled BMX XXX. I've heard that BMX XXX will be a much faster paced game than Dave Mirra 3. Also, the contoversial stuff is done mostly for a comedic effect. The soundtrack is also supposed to contain profanity. There will be strippers but the furthest they go is taking their tops off. You will also be able to create a nude rider. They're using the controversial stuff to sell the game but it sounds like it will be the best BMX entry to date. It could be a great game even without the nudity and profanity.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I'm very glad that they are separating the Dave Mirra franchise from this. I'll definitely get the next Mirra, but the XXX game will only get a rental (unless it somehow turns out fantastic). The concept just seems ... desperate. Like a ten year old cussing in an effort to sound all grown up.

-Dave

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
What... the... F*ck?

how does nudity fit into a BMX game.. I agree, this just seems desperate. People complained about gore in Soldier of Fortune, saying it was just a gimmick. You want gimmick? NUDITY IN A BMX game, now THATS a gimmick.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
It's not just nudity. In the Bronx level, you see pimps walking around and people will swear at you. In the LA and Bronx levels, there are strip clubs with strippers.

Yeah, this game is either a desperate "we can do it, too!" in reaction to mature games like GTA3 or it's just some sort of attempt to do something new. Either way, it's dumb and pointless.

Neil M

Stunt Coordinator
This game is all about crude humor and its trying to do what GTA3 did. This game sounds like it could be fun in comparison to other BMX games.
Either way, it's dumb and pointless.
To some it may seem pointless and dumb but others might find some fun in it. It's just your opinion and you should be happy that there will be another game without all the controversial elements.

Andre F

Screenwriter
To some it may seem pointless and dumb but others might find some fun in it. It's just your opinion and you should be happy that there will be another game without all the controversial elements.
Agreed. If someone wants this type of thing then great, they can go and buy it. The reason I brought this up in this first place is that it reminded me of when the fighting games all started to like Mortal Kombat x 10. In other words they included gore just for sake of including gore (wasn't there a fighting game called Gore?). Anyway, I like the Mirra series and was kind of dispointed to see it take a turn this in this direction. IMO, the first Mirra games were about doing tricks etc, not sniping or swearing. I think someone mentioned that Mirra 3 would come out later anyway which is a good thing (as a seperate title).

Too make long story short, I will wait for the reviews on this one...

Neil M

Stunt Coordinator
IMO, the first Mirra games were about doing tricks etc, not sniping or swearing.
If you like tricks then this might be the game for you. According to Acclaim, there are over 2000 tricks. They boast that it has more tricks than any other extreme sports game including the new Tony Hawk. I can certainly understand your opinion. I felt the same way about fighting games.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I don't see this as being any more desperate than Rockstar was with GTA3 and State of Emergency
I would agree with SoE being a pointless/desperate attempt at doing something nobody did just to stand out, but GTA3 is different. I don't like GTA3, but it did more than your average "dirty to be dirty" game.

And BTW, this game (BMX XXX) is no longer a Dave Mirra game, his name has been pulled from it and they're working on the next Dave Mirra game.

Neil M

Stunt Coordinator
I don't like GTA3, but it did more than your average "dirty to be dirty" game.
I liked GTA3 but it didn't have to be as dirty as it was to be a good game. It's the same principal here. You buy a game for its gameplay, not its content.

Larry Fletcher

Stunt Coordinator
I just think it is an attempt by acclaim to sell games because they have been lacking lately. I am really down on them anymore. They can't make a decent game to save their lives. Acclaim sucks. Turok evolution will be crap.

Damien

Supporting Actor
turok, allstar, aggresive inline, and bmxxx should help keep acclaim afloat for a while

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
you guys may complaining about nudity. but i bet there are a LOT of people out there who may buy the game for the "novelty" alone.

you cant blame the game dev team for that. they have to make games that sell.

Andre F

Screenwriter
you guys may complaining about nudity.
Not complaining, rather having a disucssion. I'm very interested to see how this title shakes out. I realize the company needs to make money (we all do) but when I a see a game that has these kind of elements (very adult) then I like to see it backed up by the game play. Take GTA3 for instance, very adult game with VERY solid game play. I don't see how riding a bike fits with nudity and profanity but who knows...it might. I guess this will be one to keep an eye on.

Users who are viewing this thread