What's new

Nudity and Mandy Moore (1 Viewer)

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I can't see why she even did the film. If the script wanted her nude, she'd have them either write it or or she'd walk. Using a double is outright silly.

Glenn

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian

Nonsense! My motto is "Never do anything, if you can get someone else to do it for you" :D

I could see your point if she where in a racy movie playing a role that requires a lot of nudity (Like Neve Campbell not showing us anything in Wild Things :angry: ) , but if it's just a brief breast shot and the actress does not feel comfortable doing then use a double, No biggie.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
My question is why does this "Chasing Liberty" movie require nudity in the first place? It seems to me like a teen oriented romantic comedy.

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
This is a common practice. I remember all of the fuss when it was revealed that Julia Roberts used a body double in Pretty Woman. I don't think the stars that use doubles have anything against nudity per se, but they don't want to exhibit their own body.

Les Samuel

Stunt Coordinator
As someone pointed out just remove the nudity because someone is going to think it is you anyway. Forget whether or not she knows it's for her, just because it's in the movie she's in and it's her character, it defeats her purpose. Either you do nudity or not a body double does not replace your character.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams

No, Titanic was always PG-13. I remember this because I was shocked to see nudity on the screen for such a long period of time in a PG-13 movie.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Sometimes, I just wish young starlets just get it over and done with early on in their career, so that there wouldn't be any pressure to do it. I miss the old days when it was almost a requirement.

Also, I can't say I care much about body doubles. It is a cheat, really. If I'm seeing nudity, I want it to be the star's nudity, not someone else.

I'll say the same about Melanie Griffith back in the days of Working Girl. I had a good amount of respect for displaying a less-than-perfect body.

Jason

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Julia Roberts, of course, has used a body double numerous times..

But, Kudos to MM if she decides that it is something she can't do for herself, more power to her. That also, however, means that she can acknowledge that it is not without merit, just something she personally can't do, and I don't have problems with people using body doubles ;)

If she just doesn't want to, it's not that big of an issue (IMHO)

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I think using body doubles for nude scenes is cheesy....

Don't want to do a nude scene that your character requires?
Don't do the film and let an actress
like Julianne Moore or Nicole Kidman accept the part.
:D

Mark

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
What is the difference between using a a body double for a revealing scene and using a stunt double for a dangerous scene?

...or
I think using body doubles for nude scenes is cheesy....

Don't want to do a dangerous scene that your character requires?
Don't do the film and let an actor
like Jackie Chan accept the part.
:)

WillG

Senior HTF Member

It's still almost a requirement. I can't think of many active actresses in Hollywood today (who have been in the business at least a few years) who have not done nude scenes or have depicted nudity for their character (body doubles)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Anna Paquin
Scarlett Johansson
Eliza Duschku
Natalie Portman
Rosario Dawson
Rachael Leigh Cooke
Sarah Polley

are a few who havent and I wish they would:)

Les Samuel

Stunt Coordinator

The difference is you cannot die from doing nudity or injure yourself. Also your budget would just skyrocket if you kept re-writing stunt scenes because someone won't do it, it just doesn't happen really. Also a stunt doubles are pros at what they do, there's training involved. You don't train for nudity.

Rosario Dawson has done nudity.........in He's got Game she showed her chest.

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris

Just ask Ms. Bates!
Some people do train for nudity and some may not be proud enough to show their own body. Think of a nude double as a stunt double. If it bothers you too much, skip the movie, write letters to the producers and to the stars you want to see nude and then prepare for the restraining order.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
There's also the issue that some of them have moral reasons for not wishing to show off their bodies. Or they consider it something private. If I was married to an actress, I'd feel uncomfortable knowing half the country had seen my wife's breasts.

Body doubles are like stunt doubles, they're a way for an actor or actress to take roles that require things that they themselves aren't comfortable doing. Yes, there's more danger in stunt scenes, but plenty of actors do their own stunts, it comes down to what people feel comfortable with, and if an acrotr or actress decides that (s)he doesn't want to show off certain parts of their body, I certainly can't blame them for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks