Nu Image Monster Movies: Hilarious!!!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Weinberg, Feb 19, 2003.

1. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

I'm talking about these ones:

Shark Attack (1999)
    Shark Attack 2 (2000)
    Shark Attack 3: Megaladon (2002)

Octopus (2000)
    Octopus 2: River of Fear (2002)

Spiders (2000)
    Spiders 2: Breeding Ground (2001)

Crocodile (2000)
    Crocodile 2: Death Swamp (2001)

I've now seen 'em all and each one's more awful than the one before. Awful in a good way.

Example?

In Shark Attack 3, one scene ends with the burly hero turning to the buxom scientist and saying:

"I'm a little wired. How about I take you home and eat your pussy?"

And no, Shark Attack 3 is not a comedy. Not an intentional one anyway.

The monsters are usually awful (though the spiders in the first Spiders are actually quite cool), the acting is invariably atrocious, and the movies as a whole are as cheap and ridiculous as anything ever conceived by Roger Corman or (more precisely) Charles Band.

In other words, fun stuff.

Don't even dream of watching these ones unless you like so-bad-they're-good flicks - which I clearly do. [​IMG]

2. george kaplan

george kaplan Executive Producer

Any nudity, Scott? [​IMG]

3. RobertR

RobertR Lead Actor

Yeah, without nudity, they're not in the vein of such 80s classic fare as Sorority Babes in the Slime Ball Bowl-O-Rama, Frankenhooker, and Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers. [​IMG]

4. Scott Weinberg

Those are fine junk classics, Rob, but I'm a big fan of 'nature run amok' horror movies - particularly those that feature giant octopi beating the crap out of ocean liners. [​IMG]

George,

I recall a little fleeting nudity in a few of them, though all feature attractive babes. Come to think of it, these flicks could use a bit more skin! [​IMG]

5. Richard Smith

Richard Smith Stunt Coordinator

My brother got me a DVD boxset of all these films for christmas![​IMG] I've haven't yet plucked up the courage to sit down and watch any of them though. I was shocked to see that Crocodile was directed by Tobe Hooper. What the hell happened to that guy?

6. Scott Weinberg

He directs giant crocodile movies for schlock-houses like Nu Image. [​IMG]

7. Scott_Jua

Scott_Jua Stunt Coordinator

Yeah..I have eyed these in the video store from time to time...but the wife cringes each time.

BUT...has anyone seen "King Cobra"!!!??? With Pat Morita and the snake catcher!? Hahahahaha that movie rules them all! At least that I've seen so far.

8. Scott Weinberg

Yeah, I've seen that one too! It sure seems like a Nu Image entry, though I think that's a Trimark title. Truly awful stuff.

9. Steve Phillips

Steve Phillips Screenwriter

SHARK ATTACK 2 and especially 3 are must see flicks for those who like this type of thing. The line from 3 referred to above was made even more funny by the fact that the actor delivering it didn't convince me he was really interested in that sort of thing. [​IMG]

10. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Shark Attack 3 is ridiculously bad.

I loved how they made the shark grunt like Billy Bob Thornton in Sling Blade. [​IMG]

11. Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk Cinematographer

I've seen of couple of those. The shark movies are horrible. I can't help but laughing when he jumps off the boat to punch the shark.

They don't hold a candle to Sorority House Massacre 2.

Not only do they somehow find some way to show each girl undressing herself. But they show the worst death scenes I've ever seen. You can actually see a guy using a ketchup bottle to spray blood on the wall. Definitely worth seeing for 99 cents at blockbuster (if you're incredibly bored, or your girlfriend picks this up thinking it might actually be scary)

And the acting, oh the acting, it's so bad that's it's hilarious. I swear they made this movie in 12 hours with a camera they bought from Sears.

I could swear there is a Giant Snake one that Nu Image made. It involves, well, giant snakes chasing people and swallowing them whole.

Every now and then, a TBS made movie reminds me of Nu Image. I refuse to watch Made for TV TBS movies, because they are as bad as Nu Image, but not funny at all.

Nu Image movies on HBO are all around terrible. Especially the Cop-gone-bad-who-is-banging-some-criminal ones.