NTSC and PAL HDTV

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Laszlo, Oct 26, 2002.

1. Laszlo

Laszlo Stunt Coordinator

Does anybody know if any of the HDTV's being sold in the USA now it supports PAL inputs too? Can be either a CRT or a Projection TV.
    Thanks

Laszlo

2. Bill Slack

Bill Slack Supporting Actor

I think some of the Sampo sets do. A number of front projectors do as well.

And for even more flexibility, the Malata all region players do are supposed to do a pretty respectable job of PAL->NTSC conversion, and the player is pretty cheap.

3. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Most Front Projectors support both

The Sampo set is pretty good, but it only goes up to 27" as far as I know.

4. Laszlo

Laszlo Stunt Coordinator

Any linkss??? What about the Toshiba 32" or 36"??? I bought a WS-55311, it looks really nice, but then I found that this guys neded really good maintainance and calibration. I'm trying to decide maybe I will return it and get a big CRT. I don't like the idea to have a TV and live for it. I don't even do it for my car. A TV should be something easy to use and not complicated(not to mention the stationary images and burn in). Is like now on evrytime I watch TV thinking about what can I watch and what I can't watch, stretched, expanded... Plus that would be like an hour a day for me. So what do you guys think? Is there any good CRT around whit PAL inputs too. Would I have the same quality in the picture with a CRT?

Thanks

5. Dmitry

Dmitry Supporting Actor

Laszlo, some Loewe HDTVs (namely, Aconda) support both PAL and NTSC. Here's a review and here's the manufacturer's website.