1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

nsp1 + wm40, crossover point on sub

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bryon_M, Nov 12, 2002.

1. Bryon_M

Bryon_M Extra

Getting my speakers today (what a great day, speakers plus Lotr EV, AND AOTC) I'm curious where I should set the crossover point on the sub.

Also my receiver allows me to set each set of speakers (front, center, surrond) to either small or large basically wether to send full signal or just everything above 100hz. How would you set this up?

2. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter

3. Bryon_M

Bryon_M Extra

Thanks Phil, I was really hoping you'd reply to this thread as it's by your research and posts that I went with the nsp1's. Thanks!!

Ditto on Friday night. Have a good group of friends coming over to take in AotC that night so trying to set up everything best I can.

4. KevinQ

KevinQ Stunt Coordinator

I am wondering the same thing. If the receiver already filter the signal once (say 100Hz), do you still want to use the crossover on the sub?

Of course the sub has the flexibity of crossover from 50 to 180 Hz instead of cross over at fixed frequency by the receiver.

What is the best way to match a speaker with 90 Hz usable low frequency with a sub crossover from 50 to 180 Hz, and a receiver filter signal around 100 to 120Hz?

5. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter

Glad to help Bryon_M!! [​IMG] Calibrate the whole HT setup so you will enjoy near 100% seamless surround which ATOC has!!!

6. KevinQ

KevinQ Stunt Coordinator

Thanks, Phil. That is very informative.

7. Nick.Y

Nick.Y Auditioning

Byron_M,

Which receiver are you using? Is it the Pioneer 811s?

If so, this is the exact configuration I'm considering.

8. Bryon_M

Bryon_M Extra

Nope using a Harman Karden avr125. The small and large settings seems to be a pretty common among receivers though.

Can't say weither it's good or bad yet, maybe tomorrow I'll be able to pass judgement. Not that I have anything to really compare it against.