What's new

NSP1 package and 6.1 setup? (1 Viewer)

Newbie here. I am just starting out in the HT world, and have purchased the Yamaha RX-V2200 6.1 reciever (I think I got a great deal, $599 from a local authorized dealer.) I have also ordered on-line the JBL NSP1 II package due to recommendations made on this site. My question is, what do I do for my rear center speaker? Another N Center? too big? wall mountable? Does anyone sell N24's singularly? I like the idea of N26 or N28's for my fronts, but than I have an extra N24 from the package. Any ideas.

Thanks
Craig

Pedro Diaz

Agent
Sorry for not answering your question, but I have been having problems ordering the JBL NSP1 II package. Where did you made your online purchase?

David_Stein

Second Unit
Real Name
David_Stein
a lot of people just buy a different pair of mains, like n28s or n26s. then you can use an n24 as your back center and have a spare in case any accident happens.

Thanks David, any other suggestions anyone? If I do go with N26 or N28's, do I set my front speaker settings on small or large. I will be using the Sony sa-wm40 as many people here have recommended for an inexpensive sub. Is there a rule of thumb to use when setting the speaker size on receivers?

RichardH

Supporting Actor
The N26 and N28 should still be set to "small".

You can probably find someone willing to split a pair of N24's, but personally, given the minimal expense, I would just get another pair and have one exra. If something happens to one of them, you won't have to go without sound from any channel while you get it taken care of under warranty. Or, if something happens past warranty, you simply replace and keep on chuggin'! Think of it as your own "extended warranty" LOL.

CraigEG

Agent
couldnt he just get two and use the two n24's together in the rear for like a 7.1 setup? i rember when i was still shopping the guy at tweeter said something to the effect that you could do a 7.1 setup with any 6.1 reciever? i assume he would be hooking the speaker in series or paralell to the rear center input?

BobAZ

Stunt Coordinator
If something happens to one of them, you won't have to go without sound from any channel while you get it taken care of under warranty.
I'm working with JBL directly to replace an N24II from my NSP1 II set. They asked me to send them a pair of speakers even though only one was defective. That way they can process it as a standalone N24 pair instead of breaking up an NSP set just for the N24's.

RichardH

Supporting Actor
Yes, you could run a pair of N24s off one speaker output for a pseudo-7.1 setup. You would want to run them in series, because this would double the impedance, whereas parallel would halve it (since we're talking identical loads). He would need to turn up that channel to compensate, most likely.

Robert Lovejoy

Stunt Coordinator
Craig, many folks may suggest inexpensive subs, but I just want to point out that my SVS 20-39PC+ goes wonderfully with my NSP-1s. Seamless match, and the deep bass is incredible.

Don't sell the little JBLs short. They sound great with a great sub.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.