NSP1 + No Sub

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve_Tk, May 12, 2002.

1. Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk Cinematographer

I know these speakers do not put out any bass, they were not designed too. But if I do not have a sub in my apartment, do I set them to large or will that cause them to break with all the low frequency signals being sent to them?

Also, if I did get a sub, I don't want something that will be extremely loud, so would a PB-10 provide clean bass at moderate levels (sometimes high) of listening in a small room (10x12)?

Thanks

2. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter

3. Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk Cinematographer

Thank you very much Phil.

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    I listened to the N24s with and without a sub this week, and I have to say that a sub is a must with them for realism. Yes, set them to large, though at louder listening levels and with bass heavy material, they will likely distort - just don't crank them to that point.

5. Tim_Speicher

Tim_Speicher Stunt Coordinator

Great thread...

I just recently got a the NSP-1 set from my local B.B. Seeing as I am new to the whole H.T. experience, I set them to large as was recommended in my receiver manual. I'm also in a small apartment and am doing w/o the sub for the time being. Thanks for the info folks.

6. Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk Cinematographer

Since the speakers go down to 75 Hz I'd imagine I should set the crossover frequency on the reciever higher than that? right? Or I could just have no idea what I'm talking about and you all are having a nice laugh. This is assuming I'm doing without a sub right now.

Which way can you set them up so at high volumes so they will not distort. I've used TV speakers for a lot of years now, at high volumes they don't distort and they don't have a sub, how can I do this with the N24's till I get a sub?

7. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter