What's new

Nsp 1-ii ? (1 Viewer)

DavidCannon

Auditioning
I was looking around and found the replacement for the popular NSP 1 Speaker Package. Anybody have any news about these speakers. Are they worth the extra $100 bucks or so? Thanks in advance.

WesleyHester

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Hester
I originally thought the "ii" series were just outside cosmetic changes to the originals. I was wrong.

What I've found in forums like this is that JBL was sued by Bose over the port design of their speakers because they were just TOO similar: which I'm sure Bose has a patent on.

Anyway, also check the diameter of the tweeters. Alot of the original N(orthridge)-Series speakers have 3/4" tweeters like my original NSP1 package's N-Center and N-24s. If the ii's have 1" diameter tweeters like the S(tudio)-Series and newer N-Series ii's then yes the $100 extra is justified. Also I personally think they look better but I've never heard the new ones.

If the ii tweeters are not bigger and/or the wattage handling is not higher then no: the originals are a better value.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks