What's new

Now you know....Zodiac Killer identified (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
We'll see how this holds up to further investigation.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Obviously, I don't know the specifics of the situation but I tend to think this is someone making things up for attention.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
Not only did she write some of the letters (the most famous aspect of the case), make his mask (also a famous element of the case), has Paul Stein's glasses (that she didn't know were his glasses but kept them for 15 years after her father's death) and she also was there when he was killing people? I have a real hard time believing that.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I absouletly loved the film by David Fincher a few years back - it was probably my favorite of that year. They definately did a great job at making me think it was Arthur Leigh Allen. I'd like to have a definative answer, but we'll probably never know.

Paul D G

Screenwriter

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Im something of a Zodiac nut myself. (The actuasl case and Fincher film).

I call BS on this as well. Give me DNA or some hard evidence verified by FBI; then Ill believe it.

Just another nutjob wanting attention.

Paul,
I saw that video a while back but hadnt heard what became of that case. Does the FBI like him for Z? Last I heard they were looking at him

Paul D G

Screenwriter

The stepfather is dead.

I'm not really sure if the FBI is leaning towards him, but the news station seems to have regular updates so they, at least, haven't dismissed it.

The only thing that raises my eyebrows is why isn't everything being handed over to the FBI. Like the rolls of film. He gave the FBI two rolls, and the other 16 (!) to a Zodiac website. Or something like that. Why not ALL the film? And it doesn't look the hood was turned over, but I might be wrong.

But the guy has a point, he hands everything over and most likely never sees the things again and never hears anything back from the FBI.

CNN covered the Santa Ana woman yesterday. I was annoyed because they were dismissing the case as now being solved (with a Who knew? attitude), while I don't recall this other case ever being mentioned.

Don Solosan

Supporting Actor
Aren't there at least two people claiming their fathers were the Black Dahlia killer? It seems to have become a cottage industry...

RyanAn

Screenwriter

Well, I don't have a million bucks but if my script about my life finding out that my uncle was the basis of the South Bend Shovel Slayer in Home Alone gets picked up - I'll spot you an advance.

LOL

Paul D G

Screenwriter
KFI radio in Los Angeles had an interview with an author of one of the Zodiac books (not Graysmith). He says she's been posting to Z web boards for years and has been very inconsistent with her claims (ie: she used to claim it was an uncle who was Z).

The interview is available online: http://tinyurl.com/dmp6zb

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
The guy making those claims linked to the vids above is Dennis Kaufman. Heres a link to his page.
http://thezodiackiller.digitalzones.com/

Kaufman is a satanist and hasnt been very helpful is helping people solve the Zodiac case. In fact, hes been abusive to those who are really trying to solve it. Of course he produced a documentary though. Zodiac experts discredit his "Zodiac evidence". Hes twisted some of the facts to meet his evidence.

One thing I will say is the handwriting samples, if real, are very compelling.

But his stepfather was a absolute nut and with so many people who were disappearing in the california area during that time - its very possible hes responsible for some of them. But I dont think hes the Zodiac. His father resembles a sketch of a man who was identified as harassing people in Sonoma I believe(MANY coeds went disappearing in that area around this time. IMHO the police should look at matching possible photographs Kaufman is supplying to those victims). But the sketch also resembles Darren McGavin :D . Despite what Kaufman says, that police sketch is NOT a sketch of Zodiac. The only confirmed sketch of Zodiac is from the Stein murder. The Lake Berryessa sketch is of a man seen in the area acting "strange" but not confirmed to be Zodiac.

The newest (not really, he was investigated back in the day) suspect is Richard Giakowski(who amazingly happens to resemble both the Stein murder and LB sketch). The police dispather who spoke with Zodiac heard a sample of his voice and said his is the cloest shes heard to date. In her opinion Richards voice was the voice she heard the night she spoke to Zodiac.

I dont think it was Rich G either though.

Theres a few people who think it was Bruce Davis who was a Manson member. In fact theres a letter that exists when some tension had arose between 2 members and threats were going back and forth by mail and in one of those letters its mentioned that one of Mansons girls had sewed the LB hood costume. That discussion is abruptly ended with something along the lines of "you dont want me to go there do you?" A woman had died in the apartment building where Davis lived and a recently released note was found, supposedly, but not confirmed, from Zodiac(though it sounds like him to me and is typed in caps with some marks resembling the Halloween Card). Bruce Davis also lived in Riverside at the time of the Bates girl murder, and moved away less than a month later/

A woman named Sandy Betts also has some interesting stories about a man who had stalked and threatened her for years. I believe she found out his name was Richard or Rob Hernandez. Interestly, the poem on the desk, which is believed to be in connection to the Cheri Bates murder (not a confirmed Zodiac killing, although I do think he wrote the confession letters) seems to be signed with the initials RH. She claims that she was shot at in her kitchen,threatened, followed, stalked,etc. In fact, she had a friend of hers she had told her suspicions in a bar one night and that person ended up murdered the next day!

California seems to have had quite a few maniacs in the late 60s.

Im not some kind of serial killer nut, but have always found this case to be interesting, and I hope one day its really solved.

Going over the facts and evidence in this case is enough to drive someone crazy.

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks