What's new

Now what? (1 Viewer)

Troy C

Auditioning
Hi all,

Believe it or not, I feel the searching is most of the fun in a new hobby. Now that I've decided to get on the HDTV expressway , I've been doing a lot of research. I've read the primers, searched the forums and gone from zero bookmarks to about fifty (and that's being very discriminating). I have decided on a TV, which I will purchase within the next month. JVC HD-52Z575, D-ILA. This is where it gets confusing for me, coordinating all the other equipment, making sure all is compatible with the proper amount and type of inputs and outputs. My current level of income precludes me from the ultimate system. What are the minimum requirements needed from the other components I will have to purchase and what is the best way to get there? I've seen the "Home Theater in a Box" type stuff, but I think I can do better building my own. I currently am a DISH Network subscriber with a standard receiver that will have to be upgraded. DISH will charge me for the tuners that I would like which have HD and DVR capabilities. Can these be bought cheaper elsewhere or would they have to be integrated into the DISH receiver? The reason I posted here was because of the "no questions are stupid" description under the forum header so bear with this "inquiring newbie" as I am enjoying this immensely and am sure to have more questions in the future. I appreciate any and all comments and suggestions. Thanks much.

Troy C

John S

Senior HTF Member
I'd probably let dish handle the equipment and installation myself.

Some HTIB's are just individual components packaged together as a complete system like the Onkyo 770 systems. They offer good performance for the buck with lots of easy upgrade paths if ever you so choose. Most owners seem blown away by them when I have installed for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks