What's new

Now this is how you run from the cops (1 Viewer)

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
I saw that video a couple weeks ago....I can only imagine of that'd had been an '03 Cobra, with those driving skills, the chase would've gone on for a lot longer!

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Those snooty cops thinking their 'hit the bumper' plan is always so foolproof! I say "Ha!" to you law-enforment person.

Next time use the line of spikes. Medieval looking devices are much cooler.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
I think it was mostly luck, but I give him some credit, he can drive. I think the third attempt when he hit the wall crippled his car, which is how they caught him so quickly after that.

DanaA

Screenwriter
That is a pretty amazing vehicle. Any follow up on what he did that made him run that way?

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Yep, give him credit for stupidity :)

The only thing I ever want to say when I see someone run from the cops in a major city is: buddy, you can't outrun a radio.

It's different when I see it happen in nowhere Kansas, or hear about it, because vehicles duck down blind dirt roads and police will give up because they may be one of two or three cars for the county.

But slightly different if you're in freaking LA :)

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member

Really, don't they ever think of hiding in a parking garage? or how about a dealership surround by hundreds of identical models?

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Damn. That (Shawnee County) is right in the heart of that.. roads are dead flat and I70 goes a long way with nothing..

They equipped hiway patrol around here with Corvettes/Porsches out there.

Marque D

Stunt Coordinator

Are you serious, I’ve heard of 5.0’s and Z28’s but porches; sounds like Italy state patrol and the Gallardo?

DanaA

Screenwriter
A 15 year old driving a BMW at up to 150 miles per hour is probably the scariest chase scene I've ever seen...and swerving to avoid traffic the whole way. Never before have I wanted a BMW so much. They really are made for autobahn driving.

Chris

Senior HTF Member

Dead serious. Two are listed as state responsibility for I70 patrol from Manhattan, KS to Colorado border.. what is otherwise the deadland.. there is more dead space there then you could shake a stick at.

Shawn C

Screenwriter

Hey, gotta give kudos to the Camaro in pursuit as well. They really weren't that much different from the ones that were sold on the showroom floor.....

James W. Johnson

Screenwriter
Kudos to anyone who is actually a skilled driver and can handle a 2500lb chunk of metal @ 125mph...I am all for anyone getting away from the cops , especially if its for a non violent crime.

HOWEVER, 99.9 % of the population simply dont have those skills...so most people have no business doing those speeds trying to get away from the cops...they deserve harsh penalties for endagering other peoples lives.

On the more realisitic side of things the only vehicle that more that a handful of people can drive skillfully at high speeds is a good handling Japanese motorycycle.
Motorcycles are far easier to master at high speeds than a car is.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
My bad, Steve, I thought it was yet another daily high speed police chase televised live in Los Angeles. I had the sound turned down -- I can't stand hearing TV newspeople doing radio play-by-play describing what I can see with my own eyes.

But now that I think about it, gyroscopic-stabilized camera platforms such as Wescam reduce the skill needed to do that kind of camerawork.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks