What's new

Now That The X-Box Launch Is Over, Which Games Are Next? (1 Viewer)

Peter_A

Second Unit
I didn't buy an XBox last week since I was too busy playing MGS2. Of the launch games for the XBox, the only one that intereted me was Halo. I'll probably pick up an XBox before Xmas but what other must have games are coming out in the near future. I don't mean 6 months away, I mean a month or two. I don't wanna end up buying the XBox and then have it sitting there for months while waiting for the next great thing to come out.
So what are the games?

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Amped just came out, or will be soon, depending on your location. SSX Tricky will be out on 12/18, but those are just two that I have been looking forward to.
Link Removed has a good list of what is coming out soon...
-Dave

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
Azurk - Ships on 11/27/2001 -

Night Caster - Ships 2/1/2002 -

Hitman 2 - Ships on 5/1/2002 -

Max Payne - Ships on 12/11/2001 -

Blood Omen II - Ships on 2/1/2002 -

Batman Vengeance - Ships on 12/4/2001 -

Star Wars: Obi-Wan - Ships on 12/3/2001 -

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon - Ships on 3/19/2002 -

NHL 2002 - Ships on 12/4/2001 -

Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2 - Ships on 11/29/2001 -

SSX Tricky - Ships on 12/18/2001 -

NFL Blitz 2002 - Ships on 1/29/2002 -

Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding - Ships on 11/16/2001 -

WWF Raw - Ships on 12/26/2001 -

NBA Live 2002 - Ships on 11/19/2001 -

Transworld Snowboarding - Ships on 2/12/2002 -

Shemnue II - 10/1/02 -

Kabuki Warriors - 11/20/01 -

Star Wars: Special Edition - 11/27/01 -

Peter_A

Second Unit
But a lot of those(not all, ie Shenmue) I can play on my PS2........

And now that I've been thinking about it, I'm gonna wait till Halo comes out on the PC.

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
Two of my most awaited games right now are: Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, and Project Ego. I'm not sure of when they come out though.

Andrew

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
I think Morrowind's supposed to come along for both PC and Xbox early next year.

Project Ego will be a bit of a ways off. I believe it's targeted for October or so, so we've got to wait for that one (it's Xbox-exclusive, btw).

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
I'm really curious to see how 'The Thing' game turns out.

The demo I have seen looks awesome - especially with the original movie score pumping out.

Joe_C

Supporting Actor
But a lot of those(not all, ie Shenmue) I can play on my PS2........
And now that I've been thinking about it, I'm gonna wait till Halo comes out on the PC.
My thoughts exactly. I'm going to wait until there's more high-quality X-Box only games. The one I was most excited about was, obviously, Halo, but with it coming out for PC soon, it makes perfect sense to me to just wait for it.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Of all the X-Box launch games, the only ones I would buy would be DoA3 and Halo. That's $400 for just two games. Next year, Sega has a ton of games coming out, and since they are pretty much Microsoft's main third-party developer, waiting for their games will be worth it.

Until then, I'm just gonna sit back and wait or play my PS2 (or possibly GameCube).

Aaron Copeland

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
The one I was most excited about was, obviously, Halo, but with it coming out for PC soon
I think you may be kidding yourself if you think the PC version will be out soon. MS owns Bungie and will likely hold off the PC version for a while. I don't even think the PC version has been started yet. By the time Halo hits the PC, it will be old news (I would be surprised if it made it even by the end of next summer). That's why I'm playing it now for the XBOX. I'll be busy with Unreal 2, Doom 3, Team Fortress 2, or some other FPS for PC by the time Halo arrives....and will have long since been playing Unreal Championship and other FPS games on the XBOX.

Aaron

Brad_W

Screenwriter
Do you actually own or have seen this on the shelves in your country? I could have sworn I read that it was scrapped altogether and is only coming out on the X-Box. If you have seen/own it for Dreamcast... DAMN YOU! I want to play that sooooo badly!!

And for those with no sense of humor, I say damn you in a jealous rage in jest and not literally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruavain
Recent bookmarks