What's new

Now That the Wonderful Actor Cicely Tyson Is Gone, Can Someone Release.... (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Tyson lived a good, long life, so it isn't exactly a tragedy that she died Thursday. What IS tragic is that two of her finest performances are completely missing in action on Blu-ray. First is the multi-Emmy-Award winning THE AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF MISS JANE PITTMAN (1974), and the other is the original 1972 version of SOUNDER. May we please see a decent release of these on Blu, please?

Real Name
Kent
I have been lobbying Criterion and others to get SOUNDER out on Blu Ray. The films of Martin Ritt are wildly underrated and both SOUNDER and THE AUTOBIOGRAPHY of MISS JANE PITTMAN amplified National conversations about race, in addition to just being terrific, well crafted, entertainment. Maybe now there will be movement. Never give up hope. Ms. Tyson is also superb in A MAN CALLED ADAM coming out soon on KL...!

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Yes, 'The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman' is being released on February 2nd. Why you guys never browse this thread, I will never understand.

Well, you're right. I have been relying on individual and studio announcements, such as from Kino and Criterion. Anyway, you shamed me, but it was worth it. You made my day! :dance:

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Yes, 'The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman' is being released on February 2nd. Why you guys never browse this thread, I will never understand.
I do browse that thread periodically.

But, is there a way to easily identify new additions? My eyes tend to glaze over while scrolling down long lists without something visual to draw their attention.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

But, is there a way to easily identify new additions? My eyes tend to glaze over while scrolling down long lists without something visual to draw their attention.
Personally, I look at the last two latest months on the list assuming that anything new is in that range. It's not foolproof but I think it's been fairly effective in seeing what's new on the list.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Personally, I look at the last two latest months on the list assuming that anything new is in that range. It's not foolproof but I think it's been fairly effective in seeing what's new on the list.
while that's not a bad strategy, I didn't see any news about The Autobiography Of Miss Jane Pittman until early this week (so only about a week lead time between announcement and release), so it would have been 'buried' at the top of the list.

Real Name
Kent

Glad to know and I will order immediately. I missed that information. Any news on SOUNDER?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert

Let me think about it as it would be more work for myself because I add these titles manually each day.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Let me think about it as it would be more work for myself because I add these titles manually each day.
About the only thing I could think of is adding an asterisk to the front of a title or bolding the new titles and then deleting the asterisk or bold after, say, a week or so.

Like you said, that just means more for you to do and please, please do not take this as a criticism because the list is great as is.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert

About the only thing I could think of is adding an asterisk to the front of a title or bolding the new titles and then deleting the asterisk or bold after, say, a week or so.

Like you said, that just means more for you to do and please, please do not take this as a criticism because the list is great as is.
Okay guys, how about browsing this updated listing and seeing how I noted new additions to the list.

Amazon Pre-Order Listing

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PuddlePirate