Now rocking in The Great Beyond: Robbin Crosby...dead of AIDS

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Kilduff, Jun 7, 2002.

1. John Kilduff

John Kilduff Screenwriter

Robbin Crosby, guitarist for the 80s heavy-metal group RATT, died of AIDS yesterday.

I don't know much more, but I do know that:

1.) I shall miss his work.

2.) More needs to be done to combat AIDS.

Farewell, Robbin.

Sincerely,

John "First Dee Dee Ramone, then Robbin Crosby...SIGH" Kilduff

2. Todd Stout

Todd Stout Screenwriter

3. Jeff_A

Jeff_A Screenwriter

Very sad indeed. Every report that I have read indicates that he handled his situation with class and dignity throughout.
    I loved RATT! While bashing so-called Hairbands has been popular for quite some time, many had talent and Ratt was one of them. [​IMG]

4. MickeS

MickeS Producer

I haven't listened to any new Ratt material in years, but their album "Invasion of your privacy" is one of my favorite albums, and it contains some of the best guitar work I've ever heard. It's not technically difficult, but it's extremely catchy, and it's got a power and an edge to it that no other band of their style could match.
    The guitar intro's on "You're in love" and "Lay it down" are some of the best intro's ever done, and they continue to make me just want to turn up the volume as loud as I can and just let the music drown me. I don't know if Crosby or De Martini did those intro's but they are magnificent, and the two guitarists were the two most important members of the band, they defined their sound.
    I hope that he understood and appreciated how much his work meant to people like me, but judging by how he lived and died, I doubt it. What a waste. Way too many musicians are being killed by drugs. [​IMG]
    RIP.
    /Mike

5. Todd Stout

Todd Stout Screenwriter

Speaking of Ratt... is there some reason that the Ratt unplugged performance has never been released on CD or DVD? I would love to have both.