Now I have seen everything! I think....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brett_B, Jan 7, 2002.

1. Brett_B

Brett_B Supporting Actor

I just found this link over at The Digital Bits:
    http://www.seattlestarwars.com/
    What do you think the next "record" would be?
    Some people are born to be fools I guess.

2. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

That is a riot but I can go one better. They interviewed the theater's manager and he stated that he wasn't even sure that AOTC was going to play there!

Glenn

3. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

4. Steve Enemark

Steve Enemark Second Unit

5. Mitty

Mitty Supporting Actor

Apparently this guy is not familiar with the notion of online reservations. [​IMG]
    I'd rather spend the next 4 months of my life doing something (anything?) else.
    Seriously, I think some cities are not going to stand for the lines this time around. Most theatre chains adopted phone/online reservation systems in direct response to the Phantom Menace Effect. I don't think the theatres realized that not everyone queued up JUST to reserve their space in line, that it was a ritual of sorts.
    What would be funny is if a lot of the people who queued up for upwards of a month couldn't get in to the first (midnight) showing because all of the tickets were reserved ahead of time online. Now THAT would cause a riot. [​IMG]
    Oh well. It takes all kinds. [​IMG]

6. Scott Strang

Scott Strang Screenwriter

Those guys are just losers.

7. Brett_B

Brett_B Supporting Actor

Here's a little blurb in the article that may show the true motivation for all of this:

8. Julian Reville

Julian Reville Screenwriter

I hope these guys aren't collecting unenployment checks while they are sitting there waiting.

9. Ricky Hustle

Ricky Hustle Supporting Actor

Sad, those guys need a life.

I'm embarrassed for them. :b

10. Tom-G

Tom-G Screenwriter

Tom G
    It's pretty obvious that these two guys are desperately seeking attention. Most likely, the media didn't cover them camping out three years ago for tickets to The Phantom Menace.
    If they are only seeking attention, it's working. [​IMG]

11. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

Do two guys really make a line?

Someone in Seattle should go down there, and when one of them leaves to go take a piss, or shower (which I hope they're doing), get in line and then tell him he can't budge in line when he gets back.

I bet they give up after a month of being the only 2 guys waiting there and all the media attention is gone.

12. Charles J P

Charles J P Cinematographer

CJ Paul
    Someone should just walk by every hour saying things like "Live long and prosper" until both guys go hoarse and insane screaming "Its Star Wars not Star Treck." [​IMG] I bet they both sound like the comic book owner from the simpsons

13. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Lead Actor

Are you guys kidding? These guys are doing fine. I guess you haven't heard enough of the details or something. The one guy is running his OWN BUSINESS from there. He owns it and his workers are still working. He is totally wired in with cell phone, cell modem, laptop and is not missing a freaking thing.
    Plus they are getting free food EVERY DAY almost. Everyone wants to be a part of it.
    They have said they are going to leverage it into a project, though I don't think they are talking film stuff.
    I would imagine that every person that comes to check them out gets handed the dude's business card.
    To me it's as sane as buying the naming rights to a stadium for millions of dollars. Plus they are the heads of the biggest Star Wars fan club so they are just doing it for the promo/celebration of that.
    There was a girl in Indy about 15 years ago who lived on a pole for 1.5 years. They built a little room up there for her and everything. It was to raise money for some charity. She was 17-18 I think and would have people coming by all the time, guys seeing her, etc. Wasn't exactly suffering considering the time frame.
    These guys will waste 5 months and have the rest of their lives to say they did it, etc.
    It would be different if they really thought they had to get in line now to be the first. They have laughingly stated that it's ridiculous to really have to start waiting now, they are just having fun with the whole thing. And no, they aren't in costume. They have huge coats, sleeping bags, food being brought to them (nice food, steaks, etc. Seattle has great restaurants) and they are under the awning so no rain.
    I wish my life could be that cushy. [​IMG]
    Star Wars is a cultural phenomenon to say the least. This just proves it more.

14. ChrisMatson

ChrisMatson Cinematographer

Did you hear that the Don & Mike radio show sent a woman to perform lap dances for these guys? I thought that was pretty funny.

15. Eric Kahn

Eric Kahn Guest

I waited 3 days for concert tickets once, I guess I should have waited longet so I could have gotten free steaks, we lived on fast food and traded off so we could go to the bathroom

16. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

Ummmm...that has to be the stupidest thing I have ever seen. I bet this will also get them plenty of women! [​IMG]