What's new

Now i have everything but a Sub. sugestions? (1 Viewer)

Josef_K

Agent
all i need next is a Sub and speaker Wires perhaps.

But can anyone recomend a good sub for around $100-250?

iv herd some talk about a $150 Sony sub thats a good deal.

and there was another one but i cant remember the name. it was low in cost, a little higher then the Sony but a little better.

Dan_Jones

Stunt Coordinator
Probably the best in the price range is the one you talked about...more specifically the 12" Sony SA-WM40.

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
I agree. The Sony delivers. I got one from K's in town for 129 bucks. And on my tone deaf ears it sounds fantastic. :laugh: I think it even sounds good with music. And so far I havent properly set up everything (as far as spl,audio test disc etc)just set it by what 'sounds' good to me.
Speaking of the sony, where does it like to be? I have it directly on the side & sort of behind my LF speaker, the LF is not blocking the sub at all. I have at least 2 feet clearance in front & behind the sub. OR, should I put it in the corner away from the mains & the system entirely? I bought a 25ft AR Pro sub cable (of which I used maybe 4 feet where its at now)
Also, I was thinking, if I get this much bass from a 129 dollar sub, then what kind of bass are these high-dollar subs putting out, I think any more bass would make me feel sick.
OH. I was thinking, should I take that AR cable ($35) back & maybe go get one of the $10 dollar radio shack cables or just keep the AR for possible future use? Anyone think the rat shacks are of equal quality?

Chuck_C

Stunt Coordinator
I recently bought the Sony SA-WM40 for $130 at Best Buy. I was on sale for $150 but the box was cut open and they gave me another $20 off. It was sitll sealed in plastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.