Now i have everything but a Sub. sugestions?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Josef_K, Dec 8, 2001.

1. Josef_K

Josef_K Agent

all i need next is a Sub and speaker Wires perhaps.

But can anyone recomend a good sub for around $100-250?

iv herd some talk about a $150 Sony sub thats a good deal.

and there was another one but i cant remember the name. it was low in cost, a little higher then the Sony but a little better.

2. Josef_K

Josef_K Agent

wusa?

3. Dan_Jones

Dan_Jones Stunt Coordinator

Probably the best in the price range is the one you talked about...more specifically the 12" Sony SA-WM40.

4. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

For the amount your spending, definitely go with the Sony SA-WM40. Best bang for your buck!

5. Brian Johnson

Brian Johnson Supporting Actor

I agree. The Sony delivers. I got one from K's in town for 129 bucks. And on my tone deaf ears it sounds fantastic. [​IMG] I think it even sounds good with music. And so far I havent properly set up everything (as far as spl,audio test disc etc)just set it by what 'sounds' good to me.
    Speaking of the sony, where does it like to be? I have it directly on the side & sort of behind my LF speaker, the LF is not blocking the sub at all. I have at least 2 feet clearance in front & behind the sub. OR, should I put it in the corner away from the mains & the system entirely? I bought a 25ft AR Pro sub cable (of which I used maybe 4 feet where its at now)
    Also, I was thinking, if I get this much bass from a 129 dollar sub, then what kind of bass are these high-dollar subs putting out, I think any more bass would make me feel sick.
    OH. I was thinking, should I take that AR cable ($35) back & maybe go get one of the $10 dollar radio shack cables or just keep the AR for possible future use? Anyone think the rat shacks are of equal quality?

6. Chuck_C

Chuck_C Stunt Coordinator

I recently bought the Sony SA-WM40 for $130 at Best Buy. I was on sale for $150 but the box was cut open and they gave me another $20 off. It was sitll sealed in plastic.