What's new

NOVICE-Putting together new HT (1 Viewer)

Hi all!

Well I am quite new to all this and a bit overwhelmed by all the info, but I would very much appreciate any thoughts on what I am trying to do. Here goes:

I have a room, 12x15 to set up my new HT. I will drape the room if that's better-is it? (only two windows on the back wall). Already have a rear projection 60" Zenith HDTV. (This will be 50% movies, 20% TV, 20% gaming [XBOX] and 10% music).

Money wise, I just want a GOOD system and will spend what I need to get it.

Here is what I'm thinking:

Denon DVD1600
HK AVr-8000 receiver
Axiom speakers- but I don't know which ones I should consider given my room size. How about bookshelves vs towers- which would be better. Is there another option I should consider on speakers altogether?
I am thinking an SVS 20-39PCi Sub.

I was thinking about the Outlaw 950/770 combo-but I understand it really isn't available. Is there a different receiver I should consider?

What else am I missing? As I indicated I am just learning all this. (And loving every minute). Thank you all for your help.

Peter :b

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Welcome to the Forum, and I hope you get the help you need. Here's my thoughts on what you are looking at so far. HK AVR 8000, definetly a good choice, the HK are very good with music as well as HT. The best thing about it is that you can do Logic 7 to 5.1 Dolby Digital/DTS material. In other words 5.1 through Logic 7 becomes 7.1 so you'll need 2 extra speakers for the back. The DVD player I'm not familiar with nor am I familiar with the speakers. But they appear to be solid choices and performers. As far as the SVS sub, well that said it all. The many write up and posts about that sub convinced me to seek one out as soon as I finish the new basement. Anyway good luck on your selections. I do have one warning and it may be unfounded but using X-BOX on a RPTV I believe increases the chance of burn in occuring on the RPTV. Just be careful about the usage.

Curt Gilker

Agent
Peter -

Axiom is a wonderful company that makes quality speakers at affordable prices. I am one of many highly satisfied customers.

As far as what Axiom speakers to buy, call them. They will help you work within your budget and room size. I believe I read in this forum that Axiom recommended a less-expensive, smaller system to someone on the basis of their preferences, etc.

Also check out their Forum to get a sense of their Customer Service and fan- (I mean customer-) base.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks